back to article FBI investigated Steve Jobs' reality distortion field, LSD use

Steve Jobs' drug use, court cases and personality flaws were all investigated by the FBI, as a file released on Thursday reveals. The FBI launched the investigation in 1991 to vet Jobs for a potential post in government under George Bush Snr - an appointment to an advisory committee on foreign trade. It's a popular role for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jonathan White
    Meh

Would it be amiss to ask why this file was 'released'? Are the FBI in the habit of giving out a detailed history of investigations into prominent figures shortly after their death?

1. Billl

re: Jonathan White

I assume it was released because of the "freedom of information act". It is not uncommon for information like this to be released after the death of the individual.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

It's a reasonable question, yes there was a FOI request, but the FBI choose to release this information very publicly on their FBI Vaults Reading Room, a repository for files with "public interest and historical value".

That's unusual for FOI requests.

1. ZagZee
          Black Helicopters

and yet

they still refuse to release any of Nikola Teslas files, writings or memoirs?

Does the black chopper need an explanation?

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge
            FAIL

What's this then?

There's 290 pages of stuff here to get you started: http://vault.fbi.gov/nikola-tesla

2. Local Group

Sounds like most people I know

Except for his stock portfolio.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

you need new friends

if they are like him, I especially like the part saying that he was lacking in honesty and integrity, but that this was ok because those aren't required for such a government post.

1. Local Group
        Trollface

Okay, okay. I'll put an ad on Craig's list.

Most people my age are saying good-by to their old friends, not making new ones. :o)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I am the second coming of Steve Jobs

1. Local Group
      Joke

Are you sure?

We're still looking for the second coming for Andy Whitfield. You'd be a revolutionary leader. Even have your own ballet music. Maybe buff isn't your thing?

Mrs Anonymous probably wouldn't mind.

If you change your mind drop us a line at "Second Comings R Us". :o)

4. Iceman
    Pint

Where is the pop-corn icon?

see title

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You mean coffee

if you at embarking on reading all those notes..

5. Local Group
    Trollface

Unfortunately AC, I'm the most perfect person I know.

And I'm a huge mess.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Someone has to end up atop

Whatever we all do, a tiny handful of people will end up top of the heap - someone must - and be lionised, however lucky, manipulative etc they were. (Even Bill Gates, a programmer!) A thousand other similar people, whose cookies didn't crumble so well. will be forgotten, when they could just have easily ended up as your apparent all-time business gurus.

All Jobs did was to make the Designers the most important people in his tech company - not the Techies, or the Suits, the Designers. Bingo.

Must confess though, am still unsure of what's behind Canonical's slow progress, when MarkS is so totally a Design guy. Maybe it's because he spends his days arguing on mailing lists with Techies and their humorous UI ideas. Not dictatorial enough? Dunno. Wish I did.

1. Toastan Buttar
      Meh

What about the other three designers?

"All Jobs did was to make the Designers the most important people in his tech company - not the Techies, or the Suits, the Designers. Bingo."

What about Fleegle, Drooper and Snork?

7. Mondo the Magnificent
    Devil

I reckon...

...the FBI had to release this before Wikileaks did!

8. Turtle

Oh well in that case!

"Steve Jobs' [...] personality flaws were all investigated by the FBI"

Well in that case, they know *all* there is to know about him.

9. Keep Refrigerated
    Black Helicopters

Magical Black Helicopters

"...the plot proved fruitless after Jobs told the caller that he didn’t believe him, and no further calls were received. A subsequent investigation found no bombs, no instruction and no fingerprints on the telephone used to make the call."

Actually, I rather like the sound of someone like him in a high government post. Perhaps we wouldn't have the screeching reactionary cry of "terrorist" everytime someone did an unauthorised fart in the wrong location. Perhaps hyperbolic twitter jokes would not be taken as literal face-value tourrarist master plans.

Of course it could have always gone the other way... the US government suing other countries for having similar style 'borders'.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like