back to article iPad 3 shell shots spied on web

Snaps are circulating Apple and iPad fansites revealing that the upcoming iPad 3 will hold a larger battery than its predecessor… probably. One shot, from repair site Fix-iPhones, shows the inside of what's claimed to be the back of the iPad 3's casing. The site infers that the re-sited screw holes and such mean the new tablet …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Boffin

Yeah, yeah....

...but when?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on

Dodgy photo's of some piece of plastic with a piece of fruit on it make news now??

1. Piloti

Agree........

You took the very words out of my mouth............

2. ElNumbre
      Holmes

Optional Title is Optional

Yes, in the modern El Reg era.

I spose it's to stop the tipsters flooding the tipster wires when this is posted on other sites, but still a bit tedious, and will only increase as time goes on.

3. AndrewInIreland

But the revelation about the resited screws has just given me a nerdgasm.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I thought the exact same thing...

...and still clicked to see the photos. I'm such a sheep.

3. ed2020
    Thumb Down

I like my Apple stuff but this deluge of rumour stories before a product's (rumoured) release doesn't half get tedious!

1. BristolBachelor Gold badge
      Joke

I like my Apple stuff but this deluge of rumour stories before a rumoured product's (rumoured) release doesn't half get tedious!

There fixed it for ya, and I agree.

However on the other hand; when can I have my new Canon 5Dx and has it got a nice AF system like my 7D? and does the new autofocus work with the same low light levels as the new sensor? and.......

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As long as they make it suitably different from the iPad 2

After all, look at all of the angst from iPhone 4S users missing out on coffee-shop cred because no-one can tell that they have the absolute latest one.

5. TheAnt

New design needed

What they really need to do is to update the basic design on the iPad, mine is looking so dated these days, I mean look at the little screen and great big surround, at least in black it doesn't look quite as shabby as the white ones, but they're starting to look like an old fashioned telly. Surely they should be aiming to take the screen to within a millimeter or so of the edges. The damn surrounding is just wasted space.

6. Redbaron
    FAIL

More worryingly...

They appear to be using an admin user to access the database on that website:

SQLSTATE[42000] [1203] User admin_matthew already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like