back to article iRobot Warrior-bot goes on sale this Spring

iRobot has confirmed it’s ready to start manufacture and sale of its Warrior 710 robot early this year. The 345lb Warrior system is a four-tracked beast capable of 8mph carrying a payload of 150lb, with a pincer-equipped robotic arm that can reach up over 11 feet and lift 220lb. It’s an evolution of the Warrior X700 that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The BigYin

Am I the only one...

...who is waiting for Apple to try an sue these guys?

1. Antidisestablishmentarianist
      1. Doogie1

Asimov used the name in the 1950s so there is prior art.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I,_Robot

2. Frumious Bandersnatch

for the geek who has everything?

I thought that was penicillin?

3. Nights_are_Long

Right if we all throw in we could afford one, then use it to deliver beer... RIGHT TO YOUR HAND!!

4. Silverburn
    Boffin

Ethernet

2600ft on Ethernet? That'll be interesting...

1. Nights_are_Long

I now have a mental image of some poor guy carrying a small mountain of cat5 box's, having the worst day of his life.

2. TeeCee Gold badge
      Facepalm

"....as well as via a trailing Ethernet cable...."

3. Arrrggghh-otron

They forgot to mention that the trailing Ethernet cable would also be dragging a bunch of repeaters and power cables for the repeaters...

4. Ru

Re: Ethernet

My networking knowledge is not what it used to be, but optic fibres can be used as an ethernet physical layer, right? That'd avoid the maximum length issues, and would conceivably be a fair bit lighter than copper for that distance.

5. Big Al

I for one...

wish to welcome our new mechanical barrier-forming, window-peeping, explosive-lobbing robowarrior overlords!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

feet? feet???

Where do you think we are, Burma, or Liberia, or some other idiotic country which doesn't use proper units?

Just how many linguines is 2,600 "feet"?

7. bluefin333
    FAIL

Get a Grip....

I notice it seems only able to pick up artillery shells if they are covered in Duck Tape... Well used tape by the looks of it, wonder how many times it dropped the thing before they got that take? ;)

I'm annoyed and picky today. The fail is for me...

8. kyza

Face if people - this is a glorified Big Trak.

Which are still available for about £40, and more useful for carrying beer.

9. Crisp
    Terminator

Awesome robot

Those would make a great counter to those anti-personnel weapons the americans are developing.

10. Paratrooping Parrot
    Joke

Why spend millions?

I'm sure someone can make something similar with an Arduino or even a Raspberry Pi and Gertboard combo. :p

11. Phlogistan
    Black Helicopters

Robopervyness at its best.

The thing appears to be acting like a peeping-tom kleptomaniac to me. Why is this a good thing?

Dang Guvmint wet dream.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like