back to article Sir Paul McBeatle to offer free iTunes concert

Sir Paul McCartney, late of Wings, will celebrate the release of his latest album with a live concert streamed over Apple's iTunes this Thursday at 7pm, Pacific Time. Unfortunately for our UK readership, that'll be 3am for British fans of the 69-year-old song stylist – and we can only guess that such an hour is a wee bit late …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. bill 36

I agree

way past his sell by date.

Lennon,Mcartney brilliant!

Frog song and Mull of Kintyre..trash

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

If it was 7pm on a Sunday and I had nothing else to do, I still wouldn't watch it.

The thought of watching grandad beatle gurning and dad-dancing his way through a series of ancient uninspiring crufty old songs is enough to make me weep.

Yes, he's a leg-end, been there and done it, but my God, he's so unhip it's a wonder his bum doesn't fall off. Mr. Naff.

He always was.

Lennon and Harrison = cool.

McCartney = uncool.

The 4th beatle = unmentionable.

1. My Alter Ego
      Trollface

As a friend likes to say

The Beatles - the most overrated band since U2.

1. Armando 123

Actually, I can't entirely agree. U2 were relevant for 10-12 years. The Beatles, by 1966, were following trends, not setting them, so they had about half the shelf-life.

2. MJI Silver badge

4th Beatle

Now more famous for Thomas the Tank Engine

3. bed

Apple Corps

The Beatles "White" (double) LP is on the Apple ((orps) label which, the label that is, when created was, helpully [we are told] described by Richard Starky (aka Ringo Star) as a "pun".

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

To quote Turkish...

"Did you understand a single word of what he just said?"

4. Absent

I would have had a gander but not if it's only on iTunes.

5. thesykes
    Thumb Down

Heard a taster of some of the songs on the TV ad for the album.... truly awful

6. John A Blackley

For those who disdain this concert and/or Sir Paul: As with rap music and me, "It's not for you so don't fuss."

7. PhilipN Silver badge

Bottom - of the class

John Lennon's name is John Ono Lennon. Changed officially by Deed Poll during a(n unnecessary) ceremony on top of the Apple Corps building after he met some Japanese bint.

8. Andrew Richards
    Holmes

Kisses on the bottom...

"... I'll be glad I got 'em."

It's a line from "I'm Gonna Sit Right Down And Write Myself A Letter". Ppft.

1. Armando 123

Written by the great Fats Waller, who was truly great in his day. Few people could slide between jazz, blues, pop, and dance music like Fats.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

he needs the money

to pay the one legged tart he got trapped by.

Then again, every year they dig up another oldie to milk the loyal fanbase, how many dead singers release greatest hits albums every five years? plenty

That they dug up some floor cuttings of amy winehouse and sold them as "new unheard" material just so they could milk the last cash from her.

sad when they do it to dead ones, even sadder that live ones still need to be wanted

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who'd've thought

A beatle playing via tunes...

Glad all those lawyers got paid over the whole apple vs. Apple Corps trademark battle, and it's just as well things got sorted or apple wouldn't be in the music business or something...

11. spiny norman
    Unhappy

Aaargghhh

As if Fats Waller didn't suffer enough. Two songs on that album.

12. This post has been deleted by its author

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like