back to article LinkedIn offers MORE SECURE hobnobbing option

LinkedIn is now gradually rolling out secure browsing for its social-networking-for-suits service. The company confirmed in a blog post yesterday that the site will encrypt web traffic over SSL. However, unlike Google, which uses HTTPS by default on its stuff, LinkedIn is offering it as an option for its users. Facebook and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

who cares

Linkedin is yellow pages with added bullsh*t, from everyone lying about their 'experience.' There's nothing valuable in there and, I'd presume, nobody cares about whether the 4seconds they spend there each month are secure or not.

1. dotdavid

Interviews, yes. Networking, not so much

I've used it in interviews to great effect. Seems a lot of interviewers are quite impressed when you come to the interview and ask them things like "so how does [firm] compare with working at [firm interviewer used to work for]?"

Also you can see what friends-of-friends you might know that work there, so can get the inside story, or at least as much as they're willing to tell you!

1. dotdavid
        Happy

Thumbs down?

Boss? Is that you? ;-)

2. N2

I agree

Ive always considered it an over rated service for suits who love to 'fly it up the flag pole', 'pick it up and run with it' or 'touch base' (shudder)

coat - asbestos - as Im sure some may relish a 'heads up' to take a 'paradigm shift' and dribble at the prospect of another member 'opening the kimono' to join yet another irrelevant address book.

1. Mr Young
        Coffee/keyboard

@N2

Please don't say 'touch base' again - I raise your shudder to a squeal

2. wobbly1
    Flame

SSL or not the buggers stull send me invites...

After pointing out that there was no "don't send me invites" on the Spam.. err "invites" they send to every one in the mug's.... er professional's address box they agreed to stop mailing ,me , a week ago 2 more punters with my address in their books signed up and again they send their UCE. Why would anyone want to use a service that spectacularly fails to maintain its data? Linkedin : says more about you that an a loosely shaken hand ever can. Wuckin' Fankers...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

LinkedIn invites?

I find the 'mark as spam' button seems to work fine.

3. MarkieMark1
    Happy

the URL is

https://www.linkedin.com/settings/security

as the blog at http://blog.linkedin.com/2012/02/07/linkedin-ssl/ seems to refer to an apparently invisible link from the account settings page

4. the old rang
    IT Angle

linked into what

I use no 'social networks'... Baring tracked by the government email

No message services... Baring tracked by the government email

Avoid anything to do with network news/Clinton News Network..(I don't even watch Fox)...

I live in the new USSR ( er.. uh... America)

I have to read European news to find out what is going on here, half the time, since the deadstream media here doesn't cover it.

Yet, I find, I know 20-30 times more about this country, and what the people in charge are anxious to keep from us...

Now, Why should I use those networked security holes?

Linked in?

to get a job?

glad I'm retired.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trust No-one!

Why would Linkdick be any more trustworthy with your personal info than Gurgle, Farcebook, or Twatter ?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like