back to article 'We're totally in LA pissing people off'

This was the week when Facebook finally filed for its IPO. The social network is hoping for a feeding frenzy for its shares that will net the firm $5bn, but there's some concern that Facebook could be overvalued, despite the Zuck's attempts to keep a lid on any bubble-like formations. And while Facebook's filing is a little …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mr Young
    Happy

Better not quote Max Keiser then?

I'm surprised that guy hasn't met a pointy umbrella yet! Long may it continue

2. Turtle

"Troubled"? Right. "Take"? Right.

"[The EFF is] troubled that so many lawful users of Megaupload.com had their property taken from them without warning."

"Troubled"? Now why the fuck is that? These are the same scumbags who *take* bags of money from Google to support and help insure that Google can continue to *take* the property of copyright holders and help anybody who also wants to *take* it, as opposed to law-enforcement entities acting in according with legal norms and court orders. But then again, as long as Google can *take* its cut, I guess the Eff thinks it's alright.

1. John G Imrie

@Turtle

Lie down and repeat the following refrain

I must not Channel the Daily Mail while writing comments on The Register.

2. Ben Tasker

@Turtle

Confused as to what you're turdspurt was about? IIRC the EFF oppose Orphan works legislation.

Google matches contributions to the Tech and Inno fund, but I'm struggling to see anything the EFF have done (perhaps its something they haven't done) that benefits Google when it comes to Copyright. In fact from what I can see the EFF sided with the Authors Guild about Google Books.

Perhaps I'm missing something, care to elaborate?

1. Ben Tasker
        Facepalm

Never mind, found it! On the original link I posted in fact!

Fail for not realising I'd copied the wrong link without reading it

3. Peter Simpson 1
    Holmes

Thanks to US Border Patrol

Those two Brits could have spent a bunch of money in LA bars. But we were saved by our vigilant border protection agents from that terrible fate.

Don't these guys actually *think*? Or are they just on some crazy, "intelligence"-fuelled power trip?

1. spiny norman
      Black Helicopters

The authorities have a couple of problems: one is fear that they will miss an obvious threat and be accused of incompetence; this tends to limit their sense of humour. Second is that they understand technology well enough to access and read posts on twitter, but have next to no grasp of popular culture and so are unable to interpret what is being said.

4. Jacqui

Bored plod

They are gutless small minded cowards who get thier rock off making others lives miserable.

And before you ask, I have no intention of going to the US :-)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

While I can understand your reasoning

Unfortunately you will be missing out on some truly stunning sights.

No, quite a few of us are unhappy with the antics of the TSA etc. as well.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: A/C While I can understand your reasoning

Yeah,

Head for the deep south and watch the wonderful dress sense of the shoppers at WallyWorld. You know the ones what are a size 40+ and wear size 10 clothes.

Wonderful entertainment watching the peoples of the US going about their business.

Stay clear of the RedNecks though. You can see them easily enough. They will be the ones with at least three shotguns/rifles in a rack behind the driver of their PickUp.

There. your 30 second tour of the US is over. Do you still want to go?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

They are Just Stupid

Too bad they are not in a padded cell getting a clue.

6. Gordon 10

I'd like to know

How many followers that couple has. The fact that they were tracked says something very scarey about the amount of surveylence the Feds must be up to.

7. Version 1.0 Silver badge
    Headmaster

Pissed off in LA

L.A. is the abbreviation for the city of Los Angeles, CA - see it's like two words and we add a two letter abbreviation to indicate the state. LA is the abbreviation for the state of Louisiana.

Kindly take note.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thank God...

...they met the morons at the airport and deported them. People dumber than rocks should definitely not be running around loose in la, La land.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like