back to article Samsung 'Galaxy 4S' pic posted

The Samsung Galaxy S II Plus, the smartphone the South Korean giant is said to be unveiling at this month's Mobile World Congress (MWC) show in place of the Galaxy S III, will be a skinny white boy. Well, if a picture posted by Russian mobile phone blogger Eldar Murtazin on Twitter last night is anything to go by, it will be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g e
    Go

Haha - 4S

Are Samsung trying to create a meme/whatever of 'Thing 4S' being a replacement for a Thing that turned out to be rumourware, vapourware or just a plain no-show and a lacklustre-by-comparison/expectation 4S version appeared instead?

Like the Jag CX-75 (sp?) that was supposed to run on gas turbines and have a miniscule CO2 footprint and actually turned up with a different engine, that could be a 'Jaguar CX-75 4S', etc

Cunning, if it takes off as an idea... may I suggest : David Cameron's New Britain 4S ?

Or perhaps : Facebook Valuation 4S ?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

No..

it's a reportard without anything better to do with their day..

2. Usually Right or Wrong
    Trollface

Oh dear!

It looks just like an iPhone, with its coloured screen and metal like sides. And Samsung can't argue that it is a different shape like they did for the Tab 10.1, this is definitely the same shape(ish) as an iPhone AND it can be used to make phone calls as well. Cue the lawyers.

On a more serious note, with the litigation that is going on between Samsung and Apple, it will be interesting to see whether this phone gets dragged into the maelstrom.

1. g e

Apple will drag it in

Just to bog down Samsung

At least they now have one less patent to wave in the air thanks to Germany.

3. big_D Silver badge

Hmm...

Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't part of the point of Ice Cream Sandwich, that the phone doesn't have any buttons at the bottom of the screen, that they now are included in the display and they rotate with the phone...

That makes it look more like a fake, because the traditional button area now has the ICS "virtual" buttons as sensors.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

ICS can be configured to run without the on-screen buttons on phones that have physical buttons.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a badly Photoshopped Galaxy S II

Any idiot can see that.

5. PaulR79

Voting for quickly mocked up image

I know Samsung are a little bit silly with designs sometimes since the Galaxy SII has more than a passing resemblance to an iPhone but I doubt even they would make a handset this similar. That and the previously mentioned capacitive buttons scream out to me. I'd like the MWC event to hurry up so I can see what, if any, phone will tempt me more than the Galaxy Nexus as I'm due an upgrade in March.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think Samsung bait Apple on purpose to get the publicity - calling it the 4S - Apple probably have a trademark on that already.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Recon it's a spoof - they would have to be pretty stupid to call it the 4S.

8. hokum

Will Samsung...

...stop making their handsets out of plastic, though? The Galaxy S2 has a gorgeous display but it's a hard sell when it feels so lightweight and flimsy. If they want to charge a premium they should use higher quality materials.

9. Chris 2

ra ra

blah blah blah shops in my time blah blah pixels or something.

10. SirMuttley
    FAIL

Fake?

The icon to the right of the calender widget is an ICS folder icon. Pretty unlikely that TouchWiz would use the same style for it's folders.

11. Michael Habel
    Linux

Im calling FAKE

Surly Samsung would tote their TouchWiz (5?) interface, and not the standard AOSP One.

As for ditching the physical Home Button for a YASB One, yeah I could see them doing that, if only to get the Crapple Lawyerbois to stand the flip down.

Other then that, why does it have to be in White?

I used to think that was cool, and it was ON THE iPod (Pre Phone!), now it just nasty, and Black is so much cooler.

12. OrsonX
    FAIL

SII Plus

Don't do it Samsung!

Give us an SIII.

I still wince when I think of the iPhone "5" unvailing.

4S, ha haa!

13. dssf

Maybe the possible fake it is meant goad Apple

Into public seething and condemnation. It's possible that the next iPhone will look similar soon or a few generations downstream. Look what the iPod Classic became, and what the first iPhone became, and so on. I only suggest this because around last week I read that the next iPhone would b thinner or wider, but definitely wider. I'd been for maybe two years ridiculing the iPhone looking ridiculous in the hands of anyone (male or female) taller than 5'-9 inches, considering hand size, nevermind how good iOS's typing software may be.

14. Paradroid

I'm gonna call it real.

It's a small update to the S2 to make it a better ICS device. They've not gone with the onscreen buttons because it would mean a new screen would be required with a different form factor.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like