back to article Facebook warns investors of potential SPAM DELUGE

Facebook has been the first internet company to baldly state the risks it faces from hacking and spam to the markets since the SEC issued guidance on the issue. In October last year, the US Securities and Exchange Commission told publically listed companies that it was about time they talked about the cyber-attacks they had …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Solly
    Joke

"Facebook has been the first internet company to baldly state the risks it faces from hacking and spam to the markets since the SEC issued guidance on the issue."

They haven't hired Steve Balmer to make their announcements have they?

2. Lord Raa

How does one "baldly state a risk"?

Do they get a follically challenged individual to read out the prepared text?

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re:

"How does one 'baldly state a risk'?"

In a plain or blunt manner, as per the dictionary definition.

C.

1. Lord Raa

And here's me thinking one would "boldly state a risk".

1. yoinkster
          Thumb Up

As is my understanding:

To boldly state - To state something with power, courage or bravery.

"i'm going to beat Chuck Norris in a fight" yoinkster boldly stated.

To baldly state - To state something bluntly or in a manner that does not disguise its meaning.

"I'm going to fail this exam because I spent too long replying to forums on the register" yoinkster baldly stated.

1. Lord Raa

I Stand Corrected

Fair enough, I think we can chalk this one up to a combination of poor memory, an inconsistent education system and a mediocre student.

3. Elmer Phud
    Coat

Bloody Vikings!

Does this mean that there will be spam of warnings about spam and spam that appears to be spammed warnings of spam?

4. Graham Marsden
    Devil

"Because of our prominence...

"... we believe that we are a particularly attractive target for such attacks"

And there was me thinking that the risk was from your "let's change the default settings to make everything public and *then* tell people what we've done" policies...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like