back to article Guitar Hero gets true air axe

Who needs a fancy electronic axe to slam out power chords? Guitar Hero the way it's really meant to be played... Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com CES on Video WowWee wheels in Tribot DisplayLink demos multi-monitor USB dongle Guitar Hero gets true air axe WowWee demos FemiSapien robotrix Eye-Fi …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Shaun
    Unhappy

Tone Deaf?

Why didn't they do a video of someone who actually knew what Smoke On The Water was supposed to sound like???????

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sound quality

Couldn't you at least have recorded this tripe on something other than a camera-phone? Wunch of bankers, they looked like to me.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Pity...

She looks hot in the pink top, pity she doesn't have any strumming rhythm, what a waste.

4. Alastair Dodd
    Paris Hilton

poor

they could've managed to get a fit woman with a some sense of rhythm couldn't they?

5. Rob
    Paris Hilton

I don't pretend to know how this works but..

My EyeToy has had a guitar game that works very well for years. Is this done via camera or is it some new fangled thing that's not mentioned?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

How it works..

He states theres a sensor in the belt buckle, so presumably its just a motion sensor as you get in alarm systems, picks up the movement in front of it and triggers the sound. Its hardly new technology, they've just put different things together, now if you could actually finger the chords (fnar fnar) at the same time, that would be clever!!

She looks like shes strumming something else... or is that just my filthy mind?? I'll get me coat.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Don't get it..

Seems to be a man pretending to masturbate and a girl having a fit...

I must get sound on this machine..

8. Sam
    Thumb Down

Toneless

Great idea, but without anything to do with your other hand is it not just a poormans Guitar Hero.

Unless it picks up on your flair somehow which might be retty cool.

Otherwise I'd suggest they add a glove so you can work the fret board by flailing madly with your other hand.

9. SImon Hobson Bronze badge
    Thumb Down

I agree ...

... this really needs some sort of pickup for the left hand (or right hand for lefties) to work an "air fret". There's no artistic element to this at all - you could do it just as well by hitting the space bar on a keyboard !

10. Andy Worth

Is it me???

Or is there something extremely wrong looking with a guy (with empty hands) waving his hand excitedly around his groin? I don't mind watching the moderately hot woman doing it of course ;)

11. David Gosnell

Re: I agree ...

A bit like SongTapper in reverse......

12. David S

What Shaun said.

...But with fewer question marks. I guess I'm showing my age, but I'd rather just put the album on and play my trusty air guitar. That way the tune sounds the way it's supposed to.

This topic is closed for new posts.