back to article TV Guide UK

CES 2012 Week I’ve not bought a TV guide for many a moon, but that doesn’t mean I want to sit in So, to keep abreast of what’s on the box, I depend on the tv24.co.uk app which is easy to understand, simple to use and, above all, fast. Open the app and you're presented with a clear and easy-to-read list of what’s on at the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Brilliant, it's just like the guide built into every TV set.

1. Pooka

Which is fine, if you are using a tv and not a net connection. I like the idea of this for Sky Go...

2. dotdavid
    Thumb Up

Filter

Will try this when I get home.

Can it be set to easily display only the channels on, for example, Virgin's L package? Also does it include channel numbers?

Both would be nice features :-)

3. SynicNZ
    Facepalm

not quite good enough

Still shows the old shit programmes

4. Preacher
    Thumb Down

Sky+ / Tivo

This doesn't appear to have the Sky+ Remote Record or Virgin Tivo function that TVGuide.co.uk app has, poor effort.

5. jay_bea
    Thumb Up

Re: Filter

You can select the channels that it shows, but it does not display the channel numbers.

Great app for quickly checking what's on and setting reminders, although I am still waiting patiently for Digiguide to make an Android version, as Digiguide for Windows is the king of TV Guides.

1. Arnold Lieberman
      Thumb Up

Digiguide FTW

Been using it for several years, glued to DVBViewer recording Service via DABDig so I can click on a programme in digiguide and get it to record every instance on whatever channel. If only it linked to XBMC PVR, the rest of the family could join in.

6. benjymous

Agreed

I discovered this app over Christmas too - it made finding something to watch much easier than slowly navigating clunky EPGs

7. This post has been deleted by its author

1. dotdavid
      FAIL

I prefer...

...the word 'picture' personally. Or at the very least 'cinematograph'.

All you youngsters with your fancy film tapes should imagine what things were like in the good old days. I remember when...

1. frank ly
        Happy

@dotdavid

I'lll stick with 'kinematograph', until something better comes along.

8. ElNumbre
    Thumb Up

Useful

I've been using this app for the last 9 months ago, and it seems pretty good. The only problem I have is that (rarely), it will spontaneously rearrange the channges into some random order.

I just wish Digiguide made a version of their Windows app for Android tables.

9. The Original Ash
    Thumb Down

TV?

iPlayer, 4oD, DemandFive, Sky Go, ITV Player... I don't see the point of a TV guide anymore. Hell, I don't see the point of a TV unless it's connected to a media centre..

1. Arnold Lieberman

Which will be fantastic

When every single programme can be watched for at least a year after first broadcast.

10. Zack Mollusc
    Meh

Pah!

I programmed up my own tv guide app years ago.

Well, I say 'app', it is just a text file which reads "CRAP!"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like