back to article Sony shows off NXT-generation smartphone

CES 2012 Week Sony has unveiled another member of its sans-Ericsson collection of smartphones, the Xperia S, marking the start of a next-generation in Sony blowers. Joining the Xperia Ion: the Xperia S, the first in Sony's NXT series of handsets. Sony Xperia S The Xperia S moseys into town with a 1.5GHz dual-core …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

VERY nice indeed.

Stick me down for one when my contract is up in March.

As if Apple didn't have enough problems with Samsung making better devices for less money... Now Sony join the fold (or are already in the fold if you consider the current Xperias great).

2. Darryl

Don't know

I'll admit it looks pretty cool, but those sharp corners/edges might get a bit annoying.

Still, nice to see some good, original handsets coming out

3. Robert Caldecott

No microSD card slot and no removable battery?

I have an Arc S and I *love it* (took my SGS2 back when I heard the terrible audio quality from it's crappy Yamaha chipset) but being able to stick in a microSD card and have the option to replace the battery are both features I'd come to expect from Sony. How do you reset the device if you screw something up when playing with different ROMs? Does it stay in a bootloop forever? :)

4. Ken Hagan Gold badge
    Coat

Sony's NXT series, eh?

Don't tell Lego.

Of course, there couldn't possibly be any confusion in consumers' minds between a smartphone and a toy...

5. zanto
    Pint

snapdragon processor

So the hardware as well as battery life is as good as it gets. If sony get the firmware/software right, this baby's the phone to have. The screen resolution and size look just about spot on for reading technical papers on.

Now if only this had a slide out keyboard, i'd have something to replace my milestone. For some weird reason, seeing no expandable memory, gives me the feeling that a bastard-ised windows version is waiting around the corner.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nice!

If this thing is as good as it looks nice (i.e. Sony didn't fsck'ed it up), we have a winner.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like