back to article Google accused of meddling with S Korean probe

Google has been accused of methodically interfering with an anti-competition investigation into Android by South Korea's Fair Trade Commission. Google deleted files and made its employees work from home in an attempt to frustrate the investigation, alleges the commission in an interview with a South Korean newspaper. The non- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google is the new Microsoft, proof at last.

1. Ru

Close, but not quite.

Google are not yet engaging in hostile legal action. Only then will they reach the lofty heights of the likes of Apple, Microsoft and Oracle.

2. Pseu Donyme

Surprised that they would do what they can to hamper an investigation, destroy evidence, ... not really. A bit surprised that they might have got caught doing it ... yes. (Would be rather suprised if the officials can make the allegations stick though, unless they just sacrifice a pawn.).

3. Benjamin 4

Does it really matter?

I'm for the free market as much as the next person, but at the end of the day I've never found a search engine that works anywhere near as well as Google. If there was a viable alternative to Google search then there should be a way to use it, but Google gets by far the best results, so what's the problem?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Not really in Korea

Google and Naver are pretty much on equal market share there.

4. David 164

I do not see how people choosing to or even Google telling people to work from home would be perceive hampering a investigation, I am always getting told to work from home by my employer, surely in a country has wired up as South Korea has a lot of people working from home and it more like to be the investigators laziness that cause this problem and not Google, it is a lot more convenient to investigate a company if every employee is in the office.

As to deleting of documents, some how I find this highly unlikely and it will be interesting to see if that allegation is true or it is a mistake by the investigators.

5. David 164

Also just to add why would google even store files on individual computers, surely for a company the encourage other companies to store all there files in the cloud Google themselves would be doing the exact same thing, if not to an even greater extent than its customers.

6. sueme2
    Happy

search engine

http://www.seeks-project.info/site/

blekko

scroogle

google ?

My default is seeks, the results I need are at the top, just like good old Google.

7. Wallyb132
    WTF?

I dont get it

Google is being taken to task over android making it hard to switch search engines and prioritizing google products in the results...

So when is Microsoft going to be taken to ask over WP7? they dont make it hard to change search engines, they make it impossible, oh and bing also prioritizes results, except when its copying googles results...

1. David Gale

WP7?

WP7? Wasn't that that consumer incarnation of windows mobile that scrubbed nearly a decade of XDA development?

Anyone who has invested in MS technologies has found their 'open source' niche with XP and Office 2K7 on the desktop and WM6.5 on their mobile. You'll note that the now ancient HTC HD2 is STILL holding its price.

Microsoft's current crop of barrow-boy executives will never understand strategy. They need a boardroom clear-out.

8. David Gale

Small fry compared to the manipulation of their own index

This is small fry compared to the manipulation of their own search index. The regularity with which inconvenient political truths are 'forgotten' by Google's index evidences a direct, political manipulation of the internet which should concern us all. Would I trust Google? Not a chance.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like