back to article Xbox 720 and PS4 on show at E3 2012

Here at Reg Hardware, it's difficult to keep track of which rumours we see more of, forthcoming Apple products, or whispers of next-gen game consoles. Either way, here's another one of the latter. Microsoft has allegedly signalled to its partners that plans for the Xbox 720 will indeed be details at the E3 2012 games show, MCV …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard 81

This whole 720 suffix thing is just speculative right? Right?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Oh yes

Incrementing a number by one is believable and indeed logical (but since we didn't get a PSP2 we may well not get a PS4); doubling a number - especially a big one chosen for a specific reason - is not.

2. bluesxman

RE: 720

Speculation? Sure.

Fuelled by Microsoft? Make up your own mind...

http://www.reghardware.com/2011/10/20/next_gen_xbox_due_in_2013_says_develop_mag/

3. PaulM 1
      Thumb Up

Real Steel game advertises the XBOX 720

An ingame advert appeared for the XBOX 720 which gives some credence to the name:

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/hardware/32045-xbox-720-advertisement-new-hugh-jackman-sci-fi-flick/

2. Anonymous Noel Coward
    Gimp

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm eagerly waiting for a list of what Sony plans to remove from the PS4.

3. Dave's Jubblies

Anyone else remember the original specs for botht he big ones?

Sony had dual HDMI's, 4 usbs too wasnt' it? oh, and the linux. Promised simultaneous 1080p on dual screens...

And microsoft inferred their console wouldn't try and fry itself...

Wonder what outlandish claims we'll get this time?

'bout time, wanting the next gen now... Fancy a treat for myself this christmas... I suspect the xbox might make it in time...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The early 360's didn't have to try to fry themselves, it was really easy for them :)

2. Piro Silver badge
      Pint

Yep

Dual 1080p at 120fps...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thanks Microsoft...

Thanks Microsoft, your continued shortcutting of console generations means you have also forced Sony’s hand into releasing the PS4 prematurely.

Microsoft yet again screw over gamers with their disruptive marketing and binning support and stopping game releases for your previous console on the day the new one gets released.

1. Dave's Jubblies

How is this microsoft screwing anyone??

This is the longest single generation in console history... how is MS 'shortcutting' anything? And why would it force Sony's hand, unless they are admitting they made a booboo releasing so late last time?

And who is to say they will stop support once the new on is released? They have siad time and again both will live along side each other, just as sony have.

Come on Barry, stop posting AC... :D

2. Law
      Thumb Down

RE: Thanks Microsoft...

"Thanks Microsoft, your continued shortcutting of console generations means you have also forced Sony’s hand into releasing the PS4 prematurely."

Spoken like a true fanboy...

1. CmdrX3
        FAIL

Shortcutting...seriously, are you taking the piss or what. You do realise that the XBox 360 is six years old don't you, and why is it THEIR problem if Sony is a year behind them. I have some truly idiotic posts on here (I may even have posted some myself) but yours makes the majority of them look like well thought out reasoned arguments.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

all good and well.....

But why are the media not reporting the massive xbox account hacking and account hoovering that Microsoft are brushing under the carpet, and blaming users when we all know, a Massive security breach has occurred.

6. Hans 1
    Facepalm

Microsoft and DVR ? uNuts?

A DVR by Microsoft? DRM Hell, I say ...

1. chr0m4t1c

What's so difficult to believe?

Windows Media Centre and Windows 7 have offered DVR capabilities for almost as long as the Xbox360 has been around and they work quite well, what do you think the problem would be?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

STILL not going to be called Xbox 720.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

XBox 720

So they're going back to where they started for a second time? You spin me...

9. Dropper

Online functionality

As long as Sony keep online functionality free I'll be sticking with Playstation for now. I understand the need to generate money for expensive R&D and loss making prices on hardware, but I balked at paying MS a fee just to use online services like Netflix. I don't understand why this isn't separate from the gaming side. Nintendo don't charge either. What puzzles me is why so many people are willing to give MS cash for something that comes free with any other console.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like