back to article Samsung shows very skinny telly

Up close with Samsung's size-zero 52in LCD TV prototype... Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com CES on Video WowWee wheels in Tribot DisplayLink demos multi-monitor USB dongle Guitar Hero gets true air axe WowWee demos FemiSapien robotrix Eye-Fi pitches camera-friendly memory card with... Wi-Fi …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adnim

Paper thick?

I have yet to see a 1" thick piece of paper.

2. LaeMi Qian
    Boffin

I still prefer this one:

http://www.buzzhumor.com/enlarge/4500

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

TEXT PLEASE

We don't have time to watch videos. Please do the job properly and type it out.

4. fluffy
    Thumb Up

How did you get that video?

When I was at their booth earlier today they were very adamant about no photography and no video. Did you do it on the down-low?

5. Mage Silver badge

No more Flash

Text and stills please.

Start your own Satellite Channel if you want to do all these Video Reviews.

6. Andy Tunnah

haha@"reviewer"

poor girl kept falling over her words like she wasn't sure what to say

as for the tv, meh, its good looking and everything but what exactly is the point in the tv being this thin ? it doesn't serve any extra purpose over the already waifovisions out atm

7. F Seiler

No more Flash 2

Yes the "article" looks pretty poor when there is a red rectangle of no-script where there is supposedly a video.

And no, i'm sure not going to install flash and disable no-script to watch CES news, stuff that is much better transported by text+pic. If i wanted video, i'd go to youtube or something.

8. Edward Hull
    Flame

Text and stills not video

Another vote for text and stills, not video.

When reading thereg, I'm either at work or on a PDA, and don't have time, patience or capability (whether processors or open-plan office induced) to watch a d&*$ video.

9. Pete James

You'll look funny when you're 50.......

You guys keep on doing video and ignore the luddites who still think moving pictures are the work of satan. In fact, do more!

10. Steve Barnes
    Thumb Down

re: video

unfortunately, i have to agree. if you're going to include a video, you could at least include a text write up to go with it, as I'm at work when I read the Reg, and can't watch any video at work due to lack of software.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

No video +1 vote

What a non-article! The vast majority of video streams are blocked by my employer. Not that I'd ever waste valuable work time reading The Register, would I?

12. Iain

So thin I can't see it

Oh wait, that's because you're faffing around with pointless videos again. Anyone know of another site with actual pictures?

13. Scott
    Unhappy

FFS :|

This whole video reviewing thing is becoming tiresome - It doesn't make El Reg up-to-date and withit - it is just annoying.

Please don't become El Tube :|

14. Stu

@ all u anti-video review peeps

Give it a rest people -

Video is, believe it or not, a good thing on occasion, plus you get to see a hot young yank booth babe poorly represent their product, its great!

Dont get me wrong though, written articles are good too, but having the occasional video review is a good 'diversion' from the norm.

I suspect these ppl are only jealous cos their IT departments dont allow video streaming on work PCs!

@The reg - we want more of these! If only to really annoy the anti-video people! ;-)

15. Chris O'Shea
    Coat

Text from video ...

... er, it's basically all in the title of the article. The girl on the stand says it's a 50" LCD TV that's 1" thick and that all the standard connectors are at the back ... the video picture is from a cameraphone as far as I can tell, and at an angle to the screen at a distance, (and remember how good LCD screen images look from side angles, i.e. not very) and is quite low res and noisy.

So you're not missing anything from not seeing the video, there just aren't any specs in the video either.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Stop flashing

Thanks for the info Chris, no need to waste my time watching this c-rap!

17. Fluffykins Silver badge
    Coat

The SCREEN may be 1" thick.......

.....But what about the dirty great lumps of metalwork behind, which stop idiots bending the screen.

Oh, and the use of video is probably OK for those who are in desperate need of dumbed down content, but fo rthe rest of us, it sucks. It's probably the same argument as books being forsaken for computer/video.

.................and I'm off to WH Smiths.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sound?

So it has all the capabilities of a "regular" TV, does it? I bet the sound is crap...

19. Pete James

@ Fluffykins

Excellent post there Fluffykins. I never realised that video was for people who are a bit thick. I'll have to remark on that to a mate of mine who relies on videocasts. He's dyslexic by the way.

Next time, before you get all snooty and up your own arse about audio/visual media, try to remember that for some it's their lifeline.

20. Steven Raith

sound

What sort of moron buys a 50" TV and uses the built in speakers? I'd suspect anyone looking at owt that size would have a chunky amp/5.1 system to hook it up to.

This TV would be perfect for hanging in my hallway.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like