back to article Android gets 'flashy', 'social' holiday treats

The final major update of Adobe's Flash Player for mobile devices, version 11.1, has appeared for Android 4.0, aka Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). Needless to say, there's no Flash 11.1 update for iOS mobile devices – Adobe's interactive multimedia platform is not welcome on Apple's phones and fondleslabs. Flash Player 11.1 for ICS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worth mentioning this Flash player's limitations:

"The latest Android Flash player has a few known issues, however. StageVideo using On2 and Sorenson does not work on ICS devices, and Seeking while video is paused will not update the frame on ICS device. Also, the OS does not prioritize incoming calls, so audio remains playing before and after call is received, and the enter key does not work on the multi-line text input field."

http://www.pcworld.com/article/246362/flash_player_111_arrives_for_android_ice_cream_sandwich.html

2. illiad

so 'flash is dead' huh??

Now get workin' all you devs!!!! Hey I was even worried from the android 4 camp's paranoia, and ready to ignore it, if it did not do flash...

1. Ammaross Danan
      FAIL

Missed....

The call to developers was due to the API bump for ICS, not flash. The flash 11.1 update was just a headliner. Try reading past the first paragraph.

3. Mr Happy :)

4.0.3 released to Nexus S

Google are rolling this out now. Just got the update for my Nexus S! Strangely before my Galaxy nexus.

4. miknik

NFC fix

Have they fixed the bug which stops you using unformatted NFC tags?

5. big_D Silver badge
    FAIL

No uninstall...

But the version on my Sensation, running Gingerbread is not uninstallable, which means that it won't get security fixes in the future and I won't be able to uninstall the malware enabler.

BIG fail.

Still, at least Dolphin Browser HD allows me to disable Flash.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like