back to article Angry Birds maker now aims at Asian IPO

Rovio, maker of the incredible phenomenon that is Angry Birds, is mulling the obligatory next step in tech firm domination: an IPO. Having previously hinted at a New York debut in the next two to three years, marketing chief Peter Vesterbacka is now suggesting that Hong Kong could be the market to host Rovio's coming-out party …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the kids have it

at my son's eighth birthday party every single one of the 25 children had played it (i asked then around the table), it's popularity appears to be waning with moshi monsters gaining, but an IPO in Hong Kong is great as I believe that they have to be profitable as opposed to groupon.

2. Cliff

One trick pony

that is all

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Cliff / One trick pony

Don't bank on it. Watch out for something Amazing.

</insider info>

4. AndyDent
    Coat

Hong Kong - home of Angry Birds Merch mania

That seems very appropriate, certainly there's enough Angry Birds merch being flogged in the streets of Hong Kong, as I saw recently.

I'm sure that it is all as legitimate as the Angry Birds gameplay is deep and the Rovio guys will be right at home.

Mine's the one with the Gucci label on backwards and the red bird soft toy in the top pocket.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Waning? Nah!

It's popularity among children may be waning, but when you're stuck in a train and there's no cell signal to do some light browsing...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like