back to article Google execs eye NASA's Hangar One to park their air fleet

Google's co-founders are on a mission to save NASA's Hangar One, which once housed the US Navy's airships at Moffett Field but has latterly been rented by the Chocolate Factory's top brass to provide a shelter for - among other things - a fighter jet. Mountain View's troika of execs - Sergey Brin, Larry Page and Eric Schmidt …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I heard...

That Google has hired of lot of people from NASA.

1. FrankAlphaXII

Really?

For what? Because the biggest hiring company of ex-NASA employees at least around the Space Center, has been Space X and Lockheed-Martin Missiles and Fire Control and of course the United Launch Alliance.

Are they hiring people from JPL or something?

Im not trying to chew your ass here or anything, Im genuinely very curious.

2. NoneSuch Silver badge
    Happy

Between Google and the Mythbusters renting the space, NASA should make out nicely for any renovations.

3. Ugotta B. Kiddingme
    Pint

other tenants?

IIRC, the Mythbusters occasionally use that space for experiments that require a very large space but can't take wind/sun/rain/etc of The Great Outdoors. I wonder what, if anything, would happen to their arrangement?

Beer for science and preserving old/cool stuff, but mostly just because I like beer...

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

The "museum or educational centre"

should contain a permanent display of a lead balloon.

4. Gian
    Flame

and they stress the fact that their datacenters are "green"; how much are these jets burning???

1. Mediocrates
      Holmes

The greeness of jets

"how much are these jets burning???"

Nothing when they're in the hangar.

5. George Nacht
    Windows

No brainer

It needs renovation funds, it is, at the end of the day, a hangar, and they want to park airplanes inside. I say go ahead. It is not like they want to tear it down a build a parking lot there instead.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Absolutely

Meanwhile the two hangars at Cardington built for the R100 and R101 are in a shocking state of disrepair.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

the real one percent!

Occupy Hanger One! Down with the 1%!

and all that memetic shite.

well, it does have cool stuff in it, so whether "occupying" or just visiting it's worth it. I just don't want to have to pay for admission :P

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like