back to article Feds probe alleged World Cup bid email hack

Federal investigators are investigating claims that email accounts of the US bid team for the 2022 World Cup were hacked of part of an alleged dirty tricks campaign that may also have affected the 2018 bid process. FBI agents questioned members of England's failed 2018 bid team last month as part of a wider investigation over …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Citizen Kaned

why did they think would get it again. hell, we invent football and only seem to be able to host it once! the USA WC was only a few years ago!

i would love to take my son to a WC but i dont fancy taking a little one to Qatar, Brazil or Russia!

1. Al Jones

The USA World Cup was in 1994 - there'll be players at the next world cup who weren't even born then.

The Qatar decision demonstrated the utter corruption of FIFA for anyone who cared to look at it.

How do international sports committees get to be personal fiefdoms - Mosley in Formula One, Blatter in FIFA, the various scumbags who float to the top in boxing?

2. Kristian Walsh Silver badge

2012 World Cup?

New one on me. 2022, surely.

3. Doogie Howser MD
    FAIL

2012?

Don't you mean 2022 in Qatar?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Qatar is not in 2012

2014 - Brazil

2018 - Russia

2022 - Qatar

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's wrong with Russia?

It is a huge and beautiful country.

The people are also wonderful especially those from outside Moscow. (I have to say that because of 'her indoors')

If you are tea-total then perhaps it is not the place to go though.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: What's wrong with Russia

If you are a non-white football fan it's probably not the place to go either!

This is a horrible generalization I am sure, but the reputation for violent racism in Russia makes it far from inviting for anyone who looks physically non-Russian! I still think this was an insane choice of locations for the World Cup (perhaps not for those who got paid to vote for it though).

This topic is closed for new posts.