back to article Yahoo! invests in New York uber studio

Yahoo! is building a production studio in Manhattan in a bid to ramp up in-house content development for distribution across its global platform. The production facility is set to open by mid-March and features two sets, seven edit rooms, control room and green room, the Hollywood Reporter reveals. The Manhattan studio space …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Big O

Needs moar !

2. kain preacher

$5 says it fail with in 6 months

3. Hoagiebot
    WTF?

Does this move by Yahoo! even make sense?

Wait a minute! What is a company, that for years has been losing market share, playing musical chairs with CEO's, constantly under threat of buyout, and struggling for its very survival doing throwing away a huge pile of their ever-dwindling supply of precious money by investing in building an expensive new media production studio in a high-priced area like Manhattan? You would think that a company in this dire state would be trying to stop the bleeding that its current assets already have before it would go out and create even more assets that it has to pay to both build and maintain. It is almost like the members of the Yahoo!'s Board of Directors are sitting around their meeting table and saying things like, "I'm bored! This company is just taking too long to die! Hmmm. What can we do to make this joke of an organization bleed out even faster?"

I go to Yahoo! to visit the Yahoo! Groups that I am still a member of, check my back-up e-mail account, look up local movie listings, and *maybe* once a year use them for search when I absolutely can't find what I am looking for on Google. I also have always liked their map service better than Google's and use that regularly. Why can't Yahoo! just focus on finding a way to keep those kinds of useful services going instead of chasing after AOL-Huffington Post with this Yahoo!-ABC nonsense? The last I heard, AOL wasn't exactly doing spectacular either. Geez, when your company is suffering like this you really need to shore up your own core business before you start chasing after someone else's. I don't make much sense of what Yahoo! is doing, but maybe that is why I am not a corporate executive.

4. Paddy
    Megaphone

Whot! No! Exclamation! Marks! ?

Where is my hobgoblin of little minds?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I! Think! There's! A! Problem! With! The! Headline!

6. nick47

You! Forgot! The! Exclamation! Marks!

1. JudeKay (Written by Reg staff)

Re:

Will! You! Lot! Never! Be! Satisfied(?)!

7. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Ok, let's Register some facts and quit fcuking around and get straight down to ITs Nitty Gritty.

Would that be a Virtual Reality Production Facility with Future Product Present Placement Utilities for Radical Astute Fundamental IT and Media Mogul Programmers into New World Order CHAOS Delivery?

And if not, then obviously there is somewhere else where someone else is providing exactly that. And that heralds fab fabless virtual competition with quite cosmic intellectual property.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like