back to article It's the customer, not stupid

Organisations of all shapes and sizes know they can no longer just spend money on new technology, especially in the light of today's economic travails. Such an approach, common enough, results in information and process silos. Not good. With the information deluge getting every more deluge-y, and with belts tightening and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jake Silver badge

The problem is that we aren't considered "customers" or "clients" ...

... rather, we are considered "targets" or "consumers" or "marks" by the marketards of the world. Daft thing is that WE pay THEIR salary ... and yet they still consider us sheeple ... Now ask me why I don't pay attention to advertising anymore, and block it online wherever and whenever I can.

(Side-note: I'm opening book as to how many months the Freeform Marketards will take to compile their so-called "data" and provide a report. I'm guessing 9 months. No, I don't expect this post to be allowed. But before nixing it, ask yourself why, exactly, you are nixing it.)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I've always despised the word "consumers" to describe the buying public. When not used to describe food shopping, I infer it as pejorative (and it probably is). When I hear "consumer" I picture a fat, mindless cow at a feedlot wallowing it its own shit awaiting the final journey to the abbatoir.

The cynic in me looks at certain pop culture obsessions and wonders if that image isn't terribly off the mark. Most of the time though, I'm merely insulted when I'm called a "consumer".

2. kissingthecarpet

I do agree with you

but I'd avoid the "No, I don't expect this post to be allowed" stuff - it just makes one sound like one of the green ink brigade, especially when it is allowed.

This topic is closed for new posts.