back to article Official: Lenovo adopts Windows Phone

Lenovo has confirmed rumours that it plans to enter the Windows Phone business, with handsets due in the latter half of next year. Lenovo's LePhone Product Manager, Yue Chen, broke the news in an interview with iMobile, saying: "We are indeed currently considering a Windows Phone-based LePhone product, and we already have a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

in before Barry Shitpeas comes along to tell us all how shit it is and that Lenovo are now doomed.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Kiss of death

If Lenovo are "adopting it"...

Windows Phone was a failure yesterday, it's an ever bigger one now when more no-hopers jump onboard out of desperation.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Barry - it's you!

Pahaha, right on time, as OP predicted... Mr. Shitpeas, you can hide behind your anonymity but we all know it's you really. Bless your anti-MS and pro Sony bias, round of applause for your persistence. You should be paid for all this ya know!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

LOL.

Work it out. The timestamps are from when posts are approved rather than written. You migth want to think who the OP is, and what he did to manage this.....

The only idiots of course are the ones that can't see how the strings are being pulled here...

1. dogged
          FAIL

Shup up Barry.

I'm the OP and I posted as soon as I saw the article on Twitter. Confession time - I went back and read it after I posted because I was aiming to beat you to the punch. It's not like you read WinPho articles either though, so no backchat.

Also, FYI....

> Submitted at Thursday 1st December 2011 11:44 GMT

> Accepted by moderator at Thursday 1st December 2011 12:21 GMT

No strings, no tricks, no manipulation. Just a big fat FAIL for you.

2. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Shill / Troll

Have you actually used Wndows phone extensively in a business environment, similarly Symbian 3, BB, Android and iPhone? For actually getting work done reliably and efficiently, i.e. communicating, via telecoms and email, WP it is excellent. BB is too. Everything else is a bloody distraction from work. The sooner we get people back to work the sooner this country will be out of the deep poo it is now, much of which is caused by fanciful and lazy ideas as opposed to good honest work.

1. QuiteEvilGraham
        Go

Yeeha!

I think that this is a contender for the best Reg comment thread EVAR!

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

all that matters

I does not matter one bit what all you MS lovers say - the only metric that really matters is how Windows phones is doing in the market place.

It started out a failure and has only gone downhill. Consumers have shown almost zero interest in the platform - and the reasons does not matter.

Soon the handset manufacturers are going to give up on throwing money at it.

I know, just wait for ____________ (fill in the blank with your next pipe dream that will revive the platform).

3. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Yes I have

and it was a dismal experience for an end user.

I can sorta understand how "developers" might light it, and it's easy to hack any old shit together using visual studio, so it's simple to flood the Market with crapware, but for end users, Windows Phone 7 is a disaster. I had a play with a HTC Titan for a few days and it sucked balls.

1. dogged

Barry, if the HTC Titan could suck your balls, it would be the best selling phone ever created.

Now shut up.

3. Paul Shirley

indicates Microsoft's OS is starting to gain ground?

Or maybe it means Microsofts patent shakedown campaign is starting to work?

4. Miek

Lenovo in bed with $MS? Who'd a thunk it?

1. Darryl

No, no... It's not "$MS", it's just "M$"

If you're going to use tired old derogatories, at least use them properly.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like