back to article Facebook IPO said to set value at $100bn

Facebook is planning to go public sometime between April and June of next year in an IPO that would value the company at over $100bn. So say The Wall Street Journal's ever-chatty "people familiar with the matter". The same worthies told the WSJ that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg hasn't yet finalized the IPO, that the date for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Medium Dave
    Flame

The stupid, it burns!

Stop the world, I want to get off.

2. jake Silver badge

100bn?

BWAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!eleven!!!!!1

iDjiots ...

3. Mike 29
    Go

Someone explain to me how betting on a stock collapsing works. I smell free money.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Allison Park

Linked-in is a great company

too bad the stock price and p/e is insane

5. Stewart Stevens
    FAIL

MySpace?

If investors can't even remember back as far as MySpace, then they very much deserve to loose their money.

1. Ralph B
      Headmaster

Lose the loose, loser!

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/lose.html

1. Mike Flugennock

Seriously...

Spelling and usage _are_ important. No matter how brilliant you are, nobody will take your opinions seriously if you're spelling makes you look like a looser on the Internet.

2. Andrew Moore
      FAIL

are you saying that their money needs tightening?

6. zen1

ahem

Remember when they said "AOL is the internet"? Look at them now. Anybody who honestly believes FB is worth 100B, please come see me as I have some beautiful waterfront property I can sell you, dirt cheep.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Arsebook

An extraordinary and popular delusion?

8. This post has been deleted by its author

1. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Asgard
    WTF?

$100bn!?!

@"Facebook is planning to go public sometime between April and June ... value the company at over $100bn."

Would that be April the 1st by any chance?

10. John Armstrong-Millar

Reality Distortion Field

Hey it looks like Mark is in possession of Steve Job's famous reality distortion field.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

cash...

...out

have to stop and think about it - $100Bn is a /lot/ of money.

pressure to make money after IPO -> upsets freetards -> fickle populace leave in droves?

maybe, I dunno - s'epct Google+ cares more about that than I do.

12. 5.antiago
    WTF?

WTF

You could buy, like, TEN footballers for that

13. BoxedSet

$100bn for what exactly? Same bunch of sad twats that simply cannot live without their crackberry/ifone/handroid.....

Half a dinari for me life story.

14. Tchou
    Thumb Up

Short sellers?

Probably quite a good deal on FB if you have some money.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That values the company at 125 USD per so called "active user". I would like to see the business plan on how they are planing to monetize us freetards to that effect. My guess is facebook will be gone&dusted long before they see that much money from their user base.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

If I were Zuckerberg I would wait until the feeding frenzy peaked and dump all my shares before the inevitable crash. I would then fashion my billions of dollars into a huge sign reading "Whose the bitch no suckers?"

1. Ralph B
      Headmaster

Sic

I suppose you meant "Who's the bitch now, suckers?"

However, even when grammatically correct, the idea makes no sense since no one called Zuckerberg a bitch except himself.

- http://www.quora.com/Facebook-Inc-company/Whats-the-story-behind-Mark-Zuckerbergs-fabled-Im-CEO…Bitch-business-card

17. Concrete Gannet
    Alert

Quick, buy a real company

The smartest thing AOL did was translate pieces of paper in a bubble company into shares in a real business - Time Warner. Time Warner buying AOL might have made some sense. AOL buying Time Warner was ludicrous. But only with the benefit of hindsight.

Zuck, if you can get your 100bn, buy a real company. Immediately.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like