back to article Feds seize 130 sites in Cyber Monday crackdown

US feds seized control of more than 130 websites last week as part of a crackdown on counterfeit goods ahead of the Christmas shopping rush. The seizures make up the largest individual haul yet under the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's ongoing Operation In Our Sites campaign. According to online records, 131 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 18
    Thumb Down

FBI acts to protect commercial interests for the first time ever...

Try saying this 3 times without bursting out laughing. If you can then you belong in politics.

1. asdf
      Thumb Down

yep

It is always amazing how much more vigorous an investigation is when the person filing the complaint is actually a corporation.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Court Orders

If ICE or any other law enforcement agency shows up at my door wanting me to provide information on a customer, or assist in shutting down a web site, they had better come with a Court order. Failure to have one and they will get no data or assistance. In fact, they will be denied complete access if they do not have one.

I do not recognize anything other than a bonified court order, issued by a bonified seated judge.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Court Orders

"I do not recognize anything other than a bonified court order, issued by a bonified seated judge."

Ever wonder what they get up to behind the bench? It must be something about dressing up in wig and gown.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Court Orders

"I do not recognize anything other than a bonified court order, issued by a bonified seated judge."

I'd rather not admit to recognising one. I wouldn't want to handle it.

4. asdf
    FAIL

Change you can believe in

Wow finally a change from the previous administration. Even W didn't use homeland security to go after copyright infringers. But at least in this case it does soundly mostly like fraudsters. Still its all fun and games until we get into a war with China over some quasi legal DNS record seizure.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like