back to article Saints Row: The Third

You shouldn't laugh at Saints Row: The Third. I mean, what's funny about bludgeoning an old lady to death with a three-foot-long purple dildo? Or kidnapping a gimp-wearing BDSM fetishist and forcing him to to pull your chariot in gladiatorial Pony Play? Saints Row The Third Hand over the Carats That's the crux of the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TakeTheSkyRoad
    Thumb Up

Looks like a fantastic break from the serious games out there... maybe one to consider after I complete Deux Ex :)

But then there's Skyrim, MW3, Rage, Warhammer, Resistance 3 and I STILL am only half way through Fallout New Vegas.... so many games so little time

2. Si 1

I'm playing this game at the moment, it's very good fun but I think I marginally preferred Saint's Row 2. SR3 has spread out each of the side missions, so instead of just finishing one level and continuing with the next, you have to drive to another location in the city to continue. In one sense it prevents repetitiveness but in another it just breaks up the gameplay mid-flow.

SR3 also seems to be missing some of the better side-missions from SR3, like the bodyguard missions where you had protect a celebrity from their rabid fans by throwing the fans in front of trains, into lumberjacks with chainsaws, into the blades of a helicopter, etc. Also missing so far are the sewage spraying truck and the police brutality side-missions.

Still, lots of the good stuff is still there. Cars can be very heavily customised, the custom character creator is fantastic, there's loads of silly costumes to wear and so far I've still not run out of things to do. Driving a tiger around in a car is a favourite new addition to the game.

My only really serious gripe is that it's crashed on me quite a few times now, to the point where I'm having to remember to manually save after every missions. I'm not sure if that's because my 360 is on its last legs or because the game was rushed onto the shelves. Halo Anniversary hasn't crashed on me so I'm more inclined to blame the game at the moment. Hopefully there will be a patch at some point.

1. ssu

re crashing

I've played for 20 hours on the 360 and not had a single crash yet. The sat nav does seem to be intermittant when at sea - especially the jet skis. Great fun.

3. phuzz Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Dear el Reg.

Thank you for teaching me the phrase "Cock Sock".

yours

phuzz

1. MOV r0,r0
      Headmaster

Cock socket is preferred as it is more descriptive and handily shortens to 'socket' in polite company.

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Happy

"kidnapping a gimp-wearing BDSM fetishist "

You make that sound like it's a *bad* thing.

It would seem rock star might consider ploughing some of their cash into upgrading the physics engine for their games framework.

Just a thought.

5. VodaStudent
    FAIL

Just a rip-off of the real thing.

This game is no different that the various clones that came forth after briliant games such as pac-man, mario, sonic, gran turismo etc:

A cheap 'me too' copy of GTA with crappy graphics and no story line. Oh well, I'm sure this will tempt the various 10-12 year olds out there and hopefully keep them off GTA's multiplayer for a while.

Seriously, can Microsoft please create a 'this annoying shit is not 18 and playing this game - click to ban'.

6. TeraTelnet
    Boffin

Also available for PC

Just so you know.

7. Lord Midas
    Childcatcher

Poor Voda

Don't you know a 'fun' game when you play it... that's if you have played it. SR2 was more fun than GTAIV. This is more fun than what's out at the moment.

Even though I am ploughing hours into BF3 multiplayer with my comrades, it's SR3 that I keep thinking about, and what I want to play when I get home from work - and after the missus has gone to bed ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like