back to article Samsung jumps into bed with Google TV

South Korean electronics giant Samsung is next in line to jump into the sack with Google on its TV services, ignoring the lacklustre uptake. Despite Google TV being lambasted by hardware partner Logitech as a "beta product" that "cost [Logitech] dearly", Samsung is planning to unveil its own Google TV at an event next year. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. jai

different

"Samsung's Google TV was going to be different from its rivals"

At least, it'll have a different shaped bezel around the edge...

2. Stephen 2

Why? Samsung is great already..

Why are Samsung taking this risk? They already have great software on their tvs.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Maybe because Samsung was chosen to build this year's Google Nexus flagship phone?

"You do this for us we do this for you..."

2. Herba

imo they want to build an ecosystem around there phones, tablets and TV's using android to compete with Apple.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or called Samsung Galaxy Google TV

4. David Kelly 2

If you can not innovate, copy!

I don't find the software on my Samsung 46C8000 all that impressive, nor of my C6900 BD player. My Dish 722 PVR is pretty good at the basics but then management of the external HD is clumsy, but is pure genius compared to the idiocy of tacked on support for Blockbuster streaming.

Samsung has demonstrated they need Android because they can't come up with something like that themselves. Samsung is following that lead with Google TV because they can't come up with something like that themselves and are afraid Steve Jobs's TV is real.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

re "If you can not innovate, copy!"

"are afraid Steve Jobs's TV is real."

- what are you smoking?

Apple TV is a real box, and a real failiure by Cupertino standards.

(Actually the hardware is great, I own an Apple TV2, but it is jailbroken, as the iTunes store TV/movie offerings are total crap)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like