back to article Earning cash not a priority for new Foursquare rival

Emerging from Silicon Roundabout's Old Street, complete with Instagram'ed staff photos and an iPhone app, comes Flypost, which promises to promote events and venues to those with iPhones who aren't already using Foursquare. The idea is that Flypost will gather venue information and provide map-based searching for what's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The hallmark of Web 2.0...

...is the inability to distinguish a "website feature" from a "business model".

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

gee that sounds great. Allow me to... o dear god why T_T

3. Chris Miller

As PT Barnum put it

No one will ever go broke overestimating the stupidity of the public - or, apparently, the gullibility of venture capitalists.

4. DJ Smiley

And this is different from facebook events how?

I had foursquare for awhile, and the getting deals of local places by being the mayor was rather cool..... and that was about the whole of it.

None of my friends use it and if I wanted to contact them they already had facebook / etc so foursquare didn't add anything there. Theres simply nothing to it which makes you go "wow this is useful!". Myspace had the same problem, facebook had games, and new ways of finding people, while myspace was just going "oh look we have the most users!!!". Users simply don't equal income and from my experience, launching the "money making devices" later on simply doesn't work either, you just drive users away because your changing the product from the one they signed up for, to something which is designed to make money and most of the time this means removing things they were previously receiving for free (hence why they signed up).

This topic is closed for new posts.