back to article Samsung demands a quickie in iPhone 4S Oz ban bid

Samsung has agreed to waive its request for a preliminary banning order in Australia against the iPhone 4S in exchange for a fast-tracked hearing for a final injunction next year. Instead of trying to get the new Jesus mobe off the shelves now, the Korean firm has opted to take the case quickly to a hearing that could get them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul E

If apple are telling the truth in this..

"The Korean firm's usual arguments in the 3G cases are that Apple never tried to get a licence, even though it knew its products infringed on the patents. On the other side, Apple usually argues that Samsung only offers unreasonable terms on the licence."

Then all they need to do is show a quote from Samsung for the cost of the licence to prove their case?

2. Markl2011

I think Apple are also saying that their agreement with Qualcomm covers them for using Samsungs technology.

This story sounds like Samsung are not so sure of their case now but don't want to lose face and back down.

1. Zippy the Pinhead

Actually it sounds like Samsung is quite sure of its case!

1. Markl2011

So why not fight it in Korea? How does it "protect their reputation" to not fight it if they're convinced they're right.

2. Paul E

so Apple are saying

We licence them anyway via Qualcomm AND we did not licence them because they asked to much?

I think they should pick one and stick to it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I have to confess that I started supporting Samsung because of the lawsuits that Apple keep throwing at them. I bought the Galaxy S II for myself, and I have been recommended the Galaxy phones and Tabs to everyone, I even convinced 3 people to buy the Galaxy 10.1 Tab. Not Android, but Android on a Samsung product.

It is not just the lawsuits, but what the 'copy' claim is: Rounded corners? Large touchscreen? Icons as shortcuts?. What the flip is wrong with Apple!

I can't help but feel like Samsung is the little guy standing up to the big bully. Yes, both are big bad cooperate, but the size of the cooperate does matter and Apple's size have been making big headlines around the world.

I don't know what can Apple do to convince me to support them once again (as I did in the past), but I haven't felt this strongly even against Microsoft nor SCO.

Forgive my EngRish.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Wow. This isn't a sport. "Supporting" a business--any business--is the epitome of stupidity; Samsung, Apple, Microsoft, Google or whoever! The rest of your post oversimplifies the issues so I can only assume that you are trolling.

1. Craigness

Supporting the victim of a bullying campaign is a Good Thing whether they are a person or a corporation.

2. miknik
        FAIL

a sport?

seeing as the last line of their post implies that English isn't their first language then I can only assume from your critique that you are a fucktard. An Amish fucktard at that as you don't believe in supporting any businesses, you don't consider buying someone's product is supporting them?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The ultimate character of a bully

Making out that they are the victim. Samsung is several times the size of corporate than apple which ever way you measure it.

Anyway it will be interesting to see if/how this judge's interpretation is different from the others.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like