back to article Naked vegans target Prince Harry over meaty 12-incher

Animal rights group Peta has despatched a brace of near-naked operatives to Arizona in a bid to lure Prince Harry away from the delights of meat. The less-than-covert insertion of the pair of barely covered activists will cause yet more distraction for right royal playboy and his retinue, as Harry attempts to complete his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Devil

P.E.T.A

Pizza

Egg sarnie

Tacos

Ale

Hmmmmm

2. Adze

It's wrong to exploit any animal, unless it's a bird... apparently.

1. mafoo
      Coat

or..

or beavers...

1. ian 22

Exploitation of vegetables is wrong!

So much cruelty in the world... Vegetables harm no one, so leave them in peace.

We People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegetables join with PETA in demanding that it all be stopped.

3. Dan 63

If they don't...

eat meat then what use are?

4. DrXym

Way to go PETA

It's cretinous publicity seeking stunts like this that ensure you'd never be mistaken for a legitimate animal welfare organisation.

1. Elmer Phud
      FAIL

Oink

It's apparently O.K. if the only pigs are sexist ones.

5. Richard Wharram

They could do with a bit of meat on them.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

You missed a trick there...

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to post that they looked as if they could do with some meat 'in' them (innuendo intended).

2. Matt Bryant Silver badge
      Happy

RE: Richard Wharram

They do look a bit undernourished, probably their diet making them look so tired. Maybe they sent two vegans in order to match the "work-rate" of one omniverous lady! Me, I'd steer clear - experience has led me to notice that veggie girls are much more likley to break wind during times of exercise.....

Standard put-down to PETA/nanny types - Hitler was a veggie and a teetotaler.

1. br0die
        Pint

Only in the last couple years, at the recommendation of his doctor for his gastrointestinal problems. He was not morally against it, and probably wished he could have both.

2. Armando 123

As Drew Hastings said, they are a gassy bunch, it's no wonder they don't smoke.

6. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Unhappy

You don't need that placard to make ME do anything.

Unfortunately I'm more like Harry Plinkett.

7. <user />
    Paris Hilton

title

Those girls would eat my sausage!

I am up for any form of them being cruel to me!

1. mafoo
      Devil

vegan

Im afraid as they are vegan the cheese would be off limits.

8. Andrew Moore
    Coat

PETA

People Eat Tasty Animals

9. Andy 70
    FAIL

bleargh!

if Harry thinks those two are worth tapping up, then he will be unable to complete his pilot's training as his vision is clearly not up to the job.

while i'm not usualy a partaker in the ojectification of the fairer sex, if you put yourself on display like a piece of meat, you have to accept that you will be treated like a piece of meat.

not sure if that is supposed to be vaguely ironic. what with this being Peta an'all.

10. TimBiller
    FAIL

Those two, vegans?

There's no way those two are vegans - clear skin, bright eyes. Vegans are sallow, skinny, unhealthy looking mush-eaters.

11. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

The on one the left is a lady-boy

AICMFP.

This all goes to show the very important purpose that PETA has - to gather complete morons together so we can ignore them in bulk.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please stop giving PETA news coverage that they don't deserve (what with them being a bunch of puppy and kitten murdering hypocrites) and maybe they'll go and die quietly in the woods.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Facepalm

But...

If God didn't intend us to eat Animals Why did He make then out of Meat?

1. Bear Features

same as humans ;) Eat you grandmother and stop whining :p

14. Hugh Tonks
    Holmes

Better slogan

How about "spice up your life *and* continue to eat meat"?

15. a cynic writes...

My youngest has firm views...

...he refers to PETA as "kitten murdering bastards".

They're not great at finding homes for unwanted pets apparently. So they kill them instead.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Interesting reading on that subject here: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

16. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    Flame

A question for PETA:

If we were all to give up eating meat, waht would happen to all the cows/pigs/sheep/goats, etc.?

If we aren't going to eat them, then there really is very little benefit to keeping them, so they will become extinct, or end up as zoo animals, it's not like most domesticated animals would do very well in the wild. Way to go tree-huggers.

Now, I know what you are thinking, we could still keep them for milk. The problem there is that to produce milk, the animals (I will use cattle as the example here), need to be kept pregnant most of the time. This isn't really much of a problem in terms of female offspring, the issue is what to do with the male offspring. At the moment, these are mostly made into tasty steaks. It would simply not be economical to raise large numbers of large aggressive, sexually frustrated animals simply to let them die of old age, not to mention the disastrous effect this would have on land usage, run-off pollution, etc. etc.

Still, never mine eh, PETA, keep up the cognitive dissonance...

1. Richard Wharram

I think you're missing the point of veganism which is not not use ANY animal by-product. Milk is a no-no.

I also think you're missing the point of PETA which is to put humans interest firmly behind that of other animals. Therefore 'the point' of animals doesn't come into it.

As we all know, before humans came along all animals lived happily together in perfect harmony.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Before humans came along

There were no such things as the domestic cow, pig, chicken, sheep, and all the other selectively bred 'food resources' we've raped our environment to exploit.

1. MNBobster

Yeah well...

That is because we use to hunt them down and kill them to eat them. We still do here in the United States. Wild game is delicious. However, I have to go to work in an urban jungle so luckly, the farmers farm meat animals for me.

2. Armando 123

environment r*pe

Have you ever seen wolves attack an animal? Yeesh. I've seen a half-eaten bison calf, still alive (barely) after a wolf attack when I was elk hunting, and as cruel as industrial farming may be, they aren't THAT cruel.

Sorry, I still get nightmares and cold sweats about that calf. And as I said, I'm a hunter, I've cleaned and dressed animals.

2. Peter 48

hence the call for veganism

As vegans they wouldn't use any kind of animal product, which includes dairy and eggs plus, I presume, wool and obviously leather. Oh, and the majority of vaccines on the market as they are egg based. And you can say goodbye to all your cats & dogs as they are carnivorous pets and can't survive on a vegan diet. Oh what a fun world that would be.

1. TeeCee Gold badge
        Happy

Now there's an idea for Pedigree petfoods.

Whiskas PETA activist flavour. Contains 80% real PETA activist, chopped into bite-sized morsels and coated with a thick gravy.

1. MNBobster

Soylent Green

It's people!

2. Richard IV
        Boffin

If veganism means NO animal by-products

How does one ensure that the oil going into your car or (even indirectly) powering your home is solely from plant-based sources?

What? They don't do that? If you're going to set an absolute at least stick to it, but not with animal-based glue, obviously .

1. Bear Features

Using your logic of car oil/fuel. I trust you have no problem eating dogs from the RSPCA, Kittens? or humans?

Thought not.... ;)

If you're going to set an absolute at least stick to it ;)

2. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Once you go down the 'no animal products of any sort' route

You start raising other questions such as:

At what point is it acceptable to kill an animal?

Is it never at all?

Is it in self defense, for example if about to be eaten by a grizzly bear?

What about parasites? it is morally bad to take anthelmithic drugs to expel and kill intestinal worms? If so, where do you draw the line between 'bad' and 'good' animals? if you don;t draw the line here, what about microscopic single celled animals? Whya re they somehow more special than other non-animal single celled organisms? Whay are these more 'special' than plants? Do we somehow instead draw a criterion based upon some notion of consciousness? Yes, a pig is arguably conscious, and a dinflagellate is arguably not but there is no sharp delineated cut-off somewhere in the middle.

I have yet to meet a vegetarian / vegan who can answer the above questions with a meaningful answer. I usually get a response along the lines of 'so it's okay to eat people then?'

1. NogginTheNog
            FAIL

It's not that difficult to answer

There is a world of difference between killing animals when necessary, or simply by want of them sharing the same space with you (eg. bacteria), and ruthlessly exploiting whole breeds of animals purely for our own ends, much to the detriment of their own.

Go down to Bernard Matthew's nearest 'processing plant', have a look round, and then consider how much the chickens there are getting out of the whole being eaten thing...

1. Loyal Commenter Silver badge

@NogginTheNog

Please define 'ruthlessly exploiting'.

Is it ruthless and exploitative to raise and nurture and animal that would not otherwise exist so that it can be consumed as food? If i eat a steak from an organically raised cow, is it ruthless that that animal has been given a good life, and exploitative that it has been killed (resonably humanely) in order for me to eat it? You might say yes, I disagree. By that definition, it is ruthless and exploitative to grow a carrot then skin and boil it alive. I woudl remind you that those 'whole breeds' would not exist were it not for the initial domestication of their species for food.

There is also a world of difference between raising animals for food and factory farming. Personally, I disagree with raising animals in an environment where they are under constant distress, such as the factory farming of hens, or keeping veal calves in crates. I see it as perfectly natural to kill and eat an animal. Cannibalism is frowned upon, as this doesn't make evolutionary sense, and can cause diseases (e.g. kuru). Eating cats and dogs is equally frowned upon as they are pets, therefore you have an emotional attachment to you, and they are also not nutritionally suitable for human food (unlike pigs, which can also make good pets but are considered a food animal).

I have no problem with people meking a personal choice to be vegetarian or vegan, but I do not think that they are 'correct' in doing so, and find the suggestion that they are somehow ethically superior for making that choice both illogical and offensive.

2. Intractable Potsherd

@NogginTheNog

Are you aware of the though experiment in which a completely non-sentient creature is produced which produces eggs and meat? All this thing needs is a source of energy (food), and it will produce eggs and regenerate sections of it that are removed. Is it still unethical to eat the products?

Would the sci-fi staple of vat-grown meat (commenced only by stimulating cells to divide) still be offensive? If so, why?

1. Richard Wharram
                Thumb Up

'May I urge you to consider my liver?' asked the animal,

'it must be very rich and tender by now, I've been force-feeding

myself for months.'

3. Bear Features

oh dear... the 'what would happen to all the animals' is so low level. It's like you're eating them for their own good.

4. br0die
      Boffin

@loyal

Cows (or indeed all mammals) do not need to be "kept pregnant" to produce milk. They have to be pregnant to start, then they can continue indefinitely (see gross youtube vid of lady who breastfeeds the kids until they are 8). As long as you milk them every day, the milk will continue being produced.

1. Liam Thom
        Mushroom

It's on the interwebs...

... so it must be true.

5. sabba
      Mushroom

" It would simply not be economical to raise large numbers of large aggressive, sexually frustrated animals simply to let them die of old age, not to mention the disastrous effect this would have on land usage, run-off pollution, etc. etc."

By that token we'd better nuke most of south London then.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Patently wrong

My old man has been veg for 60yrs and he's a big, bold, bright, c**t aged 78. Fit as a butchers dog too.

1. hplasm
      Happy

Vegetarian Butcher's Dog?

?????????

That is all. My brane broke.

1. Vladimir Plouzhnikov

A more interesting question

His grandfather is a c**t?

1. laird cummings
          Coat

"His grandfather is a c**t?"

That's it. Nothing but meat in my diet from now on.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

umm

So where are the naked girls then? I only see girls in bikini's......must try harder.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

no beef curtains for you, ....

your highness

20. TeeCee Gold badge
    Pint

Hard sell that.

Which would you go for?

"...the Meat Lover's pizza, replete with majestic amounts of bacon, ham, Italian sausage and pepperoni..."

Or some vegetables on a pizza base. No cheese.

There's no contest in my book, regardless of the number of scantily clad girlies that might come with the second. Showstopper: Having a beer with vegetables just seems so wrong....

1. DrXym

Soy cheese!

A vegan pizza is achievable with a cheese substitute. The question is dear god why.

2. MJI Silver badge

Unfortunately I don't like preserved meats

Don't like bacon, don't like ham.

I like pork though!

I know

Remove the bacon/ham and I'll have extra sausage and pepperoni(which I do like - wierd eh)

21. Chris007
    Paris Hilton

"as Harry attempts to complete his chopper weapons training in peace."

He's been training his chopper for many years now - some say his best mission was the bad ass mounds of the Middleton region...

Paris: Seriously you need me to explain

22. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

Gotta agree..with AC @ 13:52

Those two ladies really look healthy. As he said "Fit as a butcher's dog".

So I guess until you've tried it, don't knock it! I did, for awhile. I was an avid cow-chomper, met a veggie (not vegan) lass, stayed veggie for a couple of years. Felt great, I really did*. Dunno whether it was the lack of meat, or the reduced intake of hormones, etc. that the meat industry feeds these animals .

The hard part was working out what to eat...It's actually quite difficult. You need to learn entirely new cooking skills. Christmas? Forget the turkey.

Pine nut roast, anyone? (which is great, but the turkey would probably be cheaper!)

*I quit coffee completely recently. I had to dash to the dole office for my interview, and had to skip my morning 2 mugfuls. God, it felt like I'd been on a serious bender the night before! Took a week to get over the migraines when I quit as a result. Same with meat, there's a 'detox' period. Took a couple of weeks not to see roadkill as an essential ingredient for a Big Mac...

1. MJI Silver badge

No hormones added to beef

Source: farming relations

1. Andus McCoatover
        Windows

No hormones added to beef ?

OK, I got it from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_hormone_controversy.

But a bit worse, when asked by the Finnish Red Cross if I could donate blood.

"Happily" I replied.

Unfortunately....I can't, as I lived in UK during the 'Mad Cow' (and I don't mean Thatcher era) time.

So, I can never here. Pity. I'd give willingly.

23. JMB

Naked?

"Naked vegans target Prince Harry over meaty 12-incher"

I see the The Register is following the example of the tabloid press and not understanding the meaning of "naked".

"Naked" means with no clothes on so not wearing a bikini or even topless.

24. Silverburn
    Devil

Bullshit

For an alternative view on PETA, fire up youtube, and search for 'Penn & Teller Bullshit PETA'.

Amusing viewing.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So if I have read this correctly, the choice for him is naughties with these particular two girls, but no more meat eating. Or stick to a diet he likes, and have naughties with any of the many other offers that come a prince's way. Must be a hard decision for him.

26. Curly4
    Happy

Change of diet

Actually PETA is there just to get Prince Harry to enjoy a different form of meat. Enjoy, Harry! Now If Prince Harry was providing the 12-incher it would be the PETA near naked ladies who would enjoy the "meat".

27. Sly

Wife tried vegitaian once...

she about passed out on the 4th day due to anemia. She requires red meat. she can't even do the poultry or pork foods. And since my body is allergic to lettuce/cabbage/etc, I can't eat salads at all (well... pasta salad is fine *grin*). So all of these "oh so nutritious" foods that vegans like to rant and rave about for the most part include some form of some plant that my intestines like to explode over.

Beef... it's what's for dinner.

tl:dr - everyone has a different requirement for nutrition... some people require the amino acids from animal based foods, some people do not. but when you try to force your views on someone else... you get the big F-OFF. PETA can F-OFF... I'm going to the Saskatoon Steak House.

Don't know about that place? Check out the billboard...

http://www.billboard-outdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/saskatoon-billboard.jpg

1. Andus McCoatover
      Windows

We're all different, especially dietary-wise.

'Sly' posted his wife needs red meat. My previous G/F can't eat it, chicken or fish only, else she'll be really ill.

I love celery (chobble it as a snack), but a previous manager couldn't touch it, nor nuts - she'd have been seriously ill (Blues 'n' Two's required).

I'm lucky. I can eat anything, veggie, vegan, carnivorous, fish, nuts - I have only an allergy to oysters - but they just make my face red, nowt else.

However, I know a lot of our friends cannot, so when I'm cooking, I need always to ask.

@ Sly - how was the steak? Bet you skipped the salad ;-) Kidding!

1. Sly
        Happy

The steak was great! I opted for the soup.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cor imagine those two covered in salami and cheese

Nurse the screens!

29. Feralmonkey
    Joke

Hmmmmmmm

they look like meat eaters to me.

1. MNBobster

Yum.

They look meaty to me.

30. GrahamT

Humans are not herbivores

We are Omnivores like pigs and chimps.

A healthy diet includes meat *and* veg, not meat *or* veg.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Apparently we used to be herbivores in our distant past. We could have an evolutionary split of the species, we can have herbi-humans and omni-humans.

The omni-humans will have an evolutionary advantage that when we finish ruining the planet and plant food sources start to die... Will that make the omni-humans almost zombie like to the herbi-humans?

Wow, I'm going to the pub.

31. This post has been deleted by its author

32. MNBobster

Give 'em hell, Harry!

Hands off these meat puppets. They are vegan but made entirely of meat.

33. Paul RND*1000
    Facepalm

So.......once again the message from PETA is that it's OK to treat women as sex objects just as long as you think of the poor fluffy cute ickle animals? How very progressive of them.

Sorry, but when I look at these two all I can think of is how annoying they must be, constantly harping on about not eating animal products. If they want to be vegan that's fine, their choice. If they want *me* to be vegan they can fuck away off.

34. Chris Seiter
    Joke

I'm a vagatarian. Is that close enough for them?

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suddenly, I'm in...

..the mood for a spicy pink taco.

36. Lord Raa
    Coat

I've always wondered what vegans feed to their newborn babies.

Or do products from humans not count?

37. Armando 123

Hold on

"bacon, ham, Italian sausage and pepperoni"

If anybody should be protesting, you'd think it would be Jews and Muslims.

38. Joe User

An eye-opener for self-righteous vegans

The Myth of the "Ethical Vegan"

http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/the-myth-of-the-ethical-vegan/

39. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh god

Stories like this are dogwhistle bizniss for the boorish Daily Mail tendency around here, there isn't enough facepalm for the above posters. Sexist, ignorant, and facepalm-inducingly simplistic. I am now wishing for an extinction event.

40. FozzyBear
    Flame

EATING MEAT IS MURDER

tasty, tasty murder

> Flames o' course for the BBQ

1. Andus McCoatover
      Windows

Meat is murder..

...but fish is justifiable homicide.

41. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Bullshit!

If you haven't already, watch Penn and Teller's take on PETA on their TV show Bullshit!

Hmmmm

42. kain preacher

Since they are in Arizona just give those two a few Peyote discs .

43. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

People Eating Tasty Animals

or NAMBLA!

44. MJI Silver badge

We are omnivores - that is it

Digestive system is a comprimise, we have a single stomach, we do not eat our poo for a second go, we do not ferment our food in our stomachs.

Longer than a carnivore and shorter than a herbivore.

Teeth front teeth are good for biting fruit or cutting into meat, rear teeth are also a good design for breaking down meat, as well as veggies.

Eyes - why do we have hunting animal vision rather than defensive vision?

Sweat - why are people able to run in really hot conditions when other animals are too hot to move, hence able to convert that animal to a meal.

Lots of plants are poisonous to us, but edible by most herbivores.

Cats of all sizes can thrive on a meat only diet, we eventually get ill. We need plants for a lot of the vitamins which carnivores can make.

45. friedegg03

He/She

Is it just me or does the brunette look like Steve Kardynal doing his chatroulette peacock dance?

If you don't know who he is you're missing a tre...*gip*...treat - google 'Steve Kardynal Peacock'....you're welcome...

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Save a carrot

Eat a vegetarian!

47. Andus McCoatover
    Coat

Preserve nature!

Pickle a squirrell !

This topic is closed for new posts.