back to article Nokia's future phone sees red when you do

Ah, the future! Once the province of sci-fi on our tellies and authors like Jules Verne, but now also frequently the subject of videos from top tech companies. Recently, Intel gave The Register a glimpse of our near future with their super-snoop smartphones which will know all about you all the time and thereby send you an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. 1Rafayal

This is classic Nokia, something crazy that contains ideas that might actually make it to market.

2. DRendar
    Devil

Cue Legal action from Apple...

who must have patented "Human interacting with electronic device by means of physical contact"

3. Robert E A Harvey

<watches video>Oh, is Ovi coming back?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Feel the Image?

Fnar...Fnar.... should sell well!

5. Arrrggghh-otron

Tactile surface...

A proper programmable tactile surface would make touch screen keyboards much nicer to use. (i.e. the graphic keys are physically raised) I wondered about doing this back when touch screens were all shiny and new on consumer devices. I would have patented the idea if I knew how it could be done, but I don't and I hate patents so there you go...

Stupid shape for a screen - why couldn't it be stretched like silly putty into a rectangle - I mean if we are just talking concepts here...

6. Miffo
    Happy

Show some imagination.

Poor old Nokia. They can't compete with imaginative innovations from Apple such as welding the battery, memory and SIM into the phone so you can't take them out.

7. Sam Liddicott

at last!

At last - this is the Nokia we all know and remember... and have long since abandoned. Get them patents in quick before somebody uses them.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

give it 2 years and....

Apple will come out with something similar, patent it and try to sue Nokia for copying their "innovations"

9. Andus McCoatover
    Windows

(Checks date)

Erm.. for real??

Now, given the development time, it can't possibly be running Wallop's W7 OS.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good stuff- let's make it happen!

Re: the sex toy thing - I've seen "people" use their existing phones in such a manner - I guess people see what they want to see.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like