back to article IBM to make massive Ubuntu server play?

Forget wasting time with open source software minutiae. Episode 8 of Open Season dives right into the real things that matter - like food. Mulesource CEO Dave Rosenberg, Alfresco exec Matt Asay and I fired up our mouths to discuss Tamarind, the only Michelin starred curry house going. It's a delicious spot in London's Mayfair …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Samuel Lord

fun

It was great listening to 3 really bright people shedding a glimpse of their visions of the future. I'd planned to send Ashlee flowers, until I heard the distinctly unfeminine voice...

2. Alan Donaly

I agree with Ashlee

IBM isn't that stupid it would mean no end of bad publicity, no end of legal problems, and issues with the community they would simply not know how to cope. Could we please have an explanation of the insect alien voices effect really interesting. Like many governments Google may have a great many very creepy ideas of how to rule the earth but their implementations seem a bit stillborn, I will worry when I see them actually do something.

3. Corrine

@Alan

Um, what the heck are you talking about?

Seriously, one by one here.

What bad publicity would Ubuntu Server Edition cause for IBM?

What legal issues would it cause?

What problems with the community?

Dell certainly doesn't seem to have had any ill effects from it's announcement that they'll be selling USE out of the box soon.

4. David Tonhofer Silver badge
    Gates Horns

DO WANT

...the audio of the pro-Exchange maniacal rant.

5. William Gallafent
    Happy

More importantly, Tamarind's not the only Michelin starred Indian restaurant ...

There's another one, called Benares, on Berkeley Square. It is run by the chef who won the star at Tamarind, Atul Kochhar!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Something will go wrong

"Something is gonna go wrong"

Of course it is, Google will become self-aware, rename itself Skynet, and send a killer robot back in time to kill John Connor.

Everyone knows that.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like