back to article Adobe Reader

It’s hard to believe that it has taken Adobe so long to release a PDF reader for iDevices, especially since the Android version has been available for more than a year now. And with so many other apps already available for reading PDF files, including Apple’s own iBooks, I could barely muster the enthusiasm to download Adobe …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Richard Wharram
    Flame

Should have snuck a Flash player into the binary :)

1. Richard Wharram
      Unhappy

Thumb's down?

Should I have used an <irony> tag ? :(

2. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Hmmm...

I had to go check to confirm that I didn't have an Adbobe Reader app on my iPhone already. Been reading pdf files for years...

3. Dave Wray
    Mushroom

When is the first exploit being released?

I'll bet before the weekend..

1. Grease Monkey Silver badge

Ah but I bet all the supposedly security conscious fanbois are still rushing to install this.

4. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ermm no it's not...

" It’s hard to believe that it has taken Adobe so long to release a PDF reader for iDevices, especially since the Android version has been available for more than a year now."

It's Apple, so it's not unsurprising at all.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Barry Shitforbrains strikes again

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Ahem

" It’s hard to believe that it has taken Adobe so long to release a PDF reader for iDevices, especially since the Android version has been available for more than a year now."

No, it is not. Remember how long it took for them to come up with a semblance of 64-bit software for the Mac, years and years after they had done so for the Windows version.

And people wonder why Apple didn't want these morons setting up an application layer on the iPhone. If they had allowed Flash for developing apps on iOS, they would have been at the mercy of Adobe for introducing new features that wouldn't break with the update.

If that means not having Flash on my mobile, then so be it. Adobe is the new Microsoft anyway: shoddy, bloated software with insane hardware requirements full of security holes without bringing anything new to the table ("oooh, healing brushes, now that's re-inventing the wheel, innit").

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Adobe Reader !

I'd rather catch herpes than put that bloated manure anywhere near one of my devices.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The irony...

of a HTC/Android manual featured in a iOS PDF review...

8. Neil Brown

iAnnotate PDF

My preferred solution for PDF reading / marking up. Very impressive indeed, and worth the purchase price several times over.

9. Andy80

App of the week? 70%? I would have thought there were many more worthy apps out there.. I guess it isn't 'best app of the week' but still

10. David Lucke

I'll be sticking with GoodReader, thanks. Excellant app, easy to use, with annotation and reflow, and fully integrated into various cloud storage, including dropbox. And, crucially, not made by that pisspoor excuse for a bloatware factory, Adobe.

Oh, random piece of trivia I noticed when googling Macromedia Flash: CEO of Macromedia when it was bought by Adobe in 2005 was a Mr Stephen Elop, whose name you may have noticed in other contoversial strategies recently...

11. JeffyPooh
    Pint

Hmmm...

Maybe they can slip a Flash player into the Reader App.

LOL.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like