back to article Notorious eBay hacker gets 3-year suspended sentence

Vladuz, the Romanian hacker who repeatedly accessed off-limits parts of eBay's website and then publicly taunted company officials over the security lapses, has been handed a suspended three-year sentence, according to news reports. The Bucharest appeal court issued the sentence on Wednesday to 23-year-old Vlad Duiculescu, AFP …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anomalous Cowturd
    Unhappy

Fair play to him...

He obviously had access to eBay admin accounts, and my posts on eBay forums regarding his attacks, and criticisms of their responses to them, ( AND the possible consequences of the attacks), were deleted... Not the ideal, or expected response, to a concerted attack on their integrity.

But who would expect anything less?

I still use eBay for low value online transactions, but:

Would I trust them to repay me for anything more than a tenner, NO.

Less than a tenner? NO.

ergo: Do I trust them? NO.

He should have been given lots of money, and a medal!

AND, at least +1,000 internetz....

2. trarch
    Unhappy

I think it's such a shame that people like him, who obviously have at least some skill/talent/dedication, spend their time and effort on just causing mischief rather than doing something productive and beneficial. I know people bitch a lot about the infosec community, but I'm sure it can't hurt to have a few more white hats around. I've no idea what motivates people to join the dark side, but I find it rather disheartening.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

10 more year in prison might help

Make him repay treble damages and spend the next ten years in prison and see if his attitude changes.

1. Notas Badoff
      Unhappy

1 criminal, 2 criminal, 3 criminal, 4 ...

Their 'damages' were the costs to figure out the flaws in their security and remedy them (well, hopefully remedy them). The flaws which shouldn't have existed in the first place, yes?

So you would have said nasty miscreant pay twice more to fix even more security issues, let's see, because now everybody knows they're crap at security, and it will 'cost' them to make it right? He *cost* them their reputation, and so now he's got to pay? So the answer is that other people should pay eBait to implement proper security? Gaah!

Could you perhaps be fixated on just the one criminal and ignoring the others? The ones with the company badges?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Agreed bang him up

Too many knobs on Fleabay as it is.

4. Number6

Damage?

Is that a euphemism for 'legal fees'?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like