back to article Grand Theft Auto V trailer drives onto interweb

The trailer for GTA V has finally arrived, confirming rumours that the game will be set in a modern-day Los Angeles-like setting. Developer Rockstar last week teased us with a holding page that said the trailer was due today. Here's the video in all its glory: Ahead of the reveal, there has been speculation that Rockstar …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Pint

Ban this filth it's sick!

How can they sell this? To children! Spare us all! Etc, yadda, yadda, Daily Mail readers, Sun readers up in arms over sales to minors, etc, blah, blah

Right, that's that out of the way, I feel a lot better!

What's the game actually like, by the way? Going to be any good?

2. chuBb.
    Angel

Fuck yes planes are back

as title :D:D:D

3. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

Nice visuals, I wish they'd re-do Vice City with this engine.

And I saw a motorbike in that trailer, I thought they were taking them out?

4. jai

happy happy joy joy

Damn that looks good

and damnit but it's going to be a long, long wait to go drive the streets of Los Santos

5. br0die
    Unhappy

Bad news..

This is bad news for me and my 0.7mbps. Downloading that game will take me two weeks.

6. dotdavid
    Coat

Small HDD

""It is not possible that GTA V is digital download only, ZERO probability. 40% of 360s sold have 20Gb or smaller HDD."

Maybe they don't plan to release on the 360?

*Ducks*

7. A. Lewis
    Thumb Up

"It is not possible that GTA V is digital download only, ZERO probability."

Those sound remarkably like words that will come to be eaten...

I'm looking forward to the game. I think the series has generally gone from strength to strength.

8. GavinL

Lets hope they do a better job on the PC than the last attempt.

I enjoyed playing it but the bugs and slow performance on a reasonably quick machine just made me get frustrated with it and stopped before the end.

9. Semaj
    Pint

Looks lame and serious - even more distant from GTA than 4 was. No doubt they'll put in even more (girl)friend crap and take out even more good features.

Also digital download only so no second hand market?

Rockstar can fuck off. They lost me with Red Dead Redemption (most over-hyped, buggy piece of crap ever) and this is just a reminder of why you now suck.

Thank heaven for Saint's Row, which I pre-ordered yesterday :)

10. I Like Heckling Silver badge
    Meh

I'll be waiting to buy this one a few weeks or more after release on the PC... GTA IV was a turd, badly ported and lacking in almost every area.

If they can make this one as good as GTA SA... I'm in, visuals are nothing if the gameplay is lacking. SA had so much more to offer than IV.

I'm alsos till sore that I built a new system in preparation for GTA IV and it ran like a bag of sand on a high end system in 2008... because as Rockstar claimed... it was made for hardware that didn't exist yet... I think that's a f*cked up statement worthy of the late Steve Jobs.

It was only 2yrs later in Nov 2010 when I built another new system, that I found I could play the game with an acceptable frame rate of 40fps... but still couldn't turn everything to max, even with 2 video cards in Xfire mode and 2GB of vram. and a quad core CPU running at close to 4GHZ and 8GB ram.

If they make that kind of screw up again... I won't be buying it.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ok

I am seriously getting old - I watched the trailer and got excited at the prospect of playing golf.

Shoot me now......

12. Zobbo
    Thumb Up

I enjoyed GTA 4 on the PC, but yes it was a poor port and didn't use the PC to it's full potential. I didn't notice any bugs though, but the combat interface felt very clunky on the PC. I love the detail in the game though, as with GTA3 and I waited until it was on sale on Steam at $5.

Was that The Faces playing on the trailer? Sounds familiar.

13. yoinkster
    Thumb Up

phucking genius

The jetski .... the name .... will they get away with that?

The "speedo file"

Brilliant :D :D

14. wheelybird
    WTF?

"After the reveal"

Do you mean, after the revelation. Do you really need to work so hard to unneccesarily hack bits out of a language when there's no reasonable need to? Do you feel like you've saved yourself some time not typing those couple of extra characters? Perhaps time enough to take a relaxing bath or write a novel? In text speak.

15. SpaMster
    FAIL

I'd love to see a company try and push you into downloading a 30GB game, everybodys ISP's are going to love that! Considering most people in the uk have some sort of download cap on their connections, this concept will never work.

16. TakeTheSkyRoad

Well nobody seems to have said this yet but I suspect that it could well be download only for the PC.

Shelf space in Game shops for PC games is getting smaller and smaller as more people move to gaming on consoles. Yes there is a hardcore base of PC gamers left but that fast becoming a niche market so I'm guessing the PC edition will be a Steam download.

So as stated the box will just contain a few pages of "manual" a novelty whatever and a download code.

The console editions will I guess still be on disk (well, several discs for 360 & 1 disc for PS3) since the market is big enough but making the PC version download only reduces costs.

Time will tell if I'm right of course but I'd stick a tenner on it... who'll give me odds ? :)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like