back to article Opera updates Jesus phone, BlackBerry browser versions

After what seems like an eternity, iPhone users can download a new version of Opera. Two weeks ago the Norwegian web company updated its Mobile and Mini versions just for Android, but now it has brought those updates to other platforms – including the Jesus Phone. There are many small tweaks, including more efficient …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

To point out the obvious...

"Two weeks ago the Norwegian web company updated its Mobile and Mini versions just for Android, but now it has brought those updates to other platforms"

No Opera updated their versions for all platforms weeks ago. Apple have been mulling over whether to pull the plug or not on it for the last two weeks...

Still I like what you did there, pretend it was an Opera delay, not an Apple one...

1. Rafael L
      Happy

Actually there were many updates last weeks, but for Android and Java.

Opera Software is aiming primary on Android, who wouldn't do it when it's the most used platform and growing? And Opera is losing ground to WebKit (Android stock browser, Safari, other alternatives) so they really need to do this.

And they did, very well. And now the updates are available to the rest of the market. Not that Opera don't value them, it's just that we users need to understand the things a company must do to continue to exist being profitable, which may be a delay for the product on our platform. That's ok. It's free!

2. NotYouToo

Jesus Phone

Now that Mr Jobs hasn't risen from the dead on the third day, can we drop the 'Jesus Phone' line??

3. Chris 171
    Thumb Up

Good update (as they always are).

To those people, using anything other than Opera mobile/mini for browsing 99% of the web on their mobile devices, pray tell why? Sod iphone anyway, its being regularly updated for the rest of us whatever your platform of choice.

Guy in the Sony store couldn't believe the difference when I installed Mini on their Tablet S during a demo, said they were still on a 512k line so seemed appropriate, use it, you'll like it!

/fanboi

1. Chris 3
      Big Brother

Well in my case...

Because I don't want all my traffic going via Opera thanks very much.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like