back to article Activision banned me from Call of Duty gig, says exotic performer

Dutch adult entertainment star and - apparently - avid gamer Kim Holland was uninvited from a VIP Call of Duty bash after Activision discovered what she does for a living. The erotic artiste was overjoyed at her emailed invitation to a party celebrating the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Who wouldn't be? Guests who …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jeff 11

"lovemakers" - you know even she's a little ashamed when she can't tell it like it is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Yup, and the nobel sounding "Call of duty" should be called "maximum gore, blood and bodies" to be accurate. That's about as shameful as her naming..

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmmm..

" Guests who attend this one are to be given a new Xbox 360 console and copy of the game. Schweet."

Sounds like the usual EA/Microsoft backhanders at work. Isn't this illegal?

1. Annihilator
      Paris Hilton

"Here's the game to review"

What crime would they be committing?

I'm not sure that biased reviews are against any law.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

bribery act

OECD anti-bribery convention

the UK is now almost up to speed too:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/global-issues/conflict-minerals/legally-binding-process/uk-bribery-act

if you are given an xbox360+game then review that game positively you may have just fallen foul of such things - biased review....or bribed review?

2. TRT Silver badge
      Paris Hilton

Maybe...

they think their product will get used in, e.g. media productions. I mean, the old plumber come to fix the drippy tap storyline is wearing a bit thin. Maybe it goes like this...

*DING DONG*

(Door opens on geek guy with tool bag)

"Hi, I've come to fix your Xbox... you, er, maybe want to show me it."

"Oh, yeah. Hi, come in. I was just giving it a good thrashing when the ring went all red and glowing, and now the box has gone down and I can't get it up again..."

"Let's get that top off shall we?"

*Boom chikka wa wa boom boom*

3. kain preacher

Please explain to me how this would even remotely illegal ? If I want to give away a game with a console please explain how that is wrong ?

4. Blain Hamon

"People murdering people is neat," she said "but lovemakers are dirty?"

Ayup. Welcome to the US.

"In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people. Civilian life, you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm." --George Carlin

1. Anonymous Coward
      Mushroom

Apocalypse Now!

Similarly, as Colonel Kurtz once said:

'We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!'

2. ScissorHands
      Thumb Up

She's Dutch

I bet she can't even begin to contemplate the false puritanism in the US.

5. Charles Augustus Milverton

Pictures or she doesn't exist. Errrr...........

6. ElReg!comments!Pierre

NSFW?

Excuse me if I am a bit harsh. but shouldn't that have been "NSFE"? I've been bleaching my eyes for the past 15 minutes but it won't go away.

1. Dan 10
      Happy

Sorry, stupid question, but what does the E stand for? And what's on the site? Tell me, I'm at work, dammit!

7. John McCallum
    Devil

What did they think she was going to do give the presenter a BJ on the stage.

8. carter brandon

I wonder if she's ever stuck her finger in a dyke?

1. Jan 0 Silver badge
      Coat

Maybe you should ask a Dutch femme?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or

>Activision doesn't want skanks present,

Well that was my reaction after seeing her (silicon enhanced) website :)

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

More like roadside assistance

Stop insulting the skanks, the material on that website looks like "roadside assistance" from the lorry park.

NSFE all right.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Making love it isn't

Selling sex to those who prefer to buy and own, rather than engage and have a relationship, it is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Hi, are you a woman?

Selling sex to those who don't have a problem enjoying it on their own, who may or may not be in an engaging relationship, rather than prudes who are scared of sex. Although, no, I wouldn't describe it as making love.

11. Wombling_Free
    Pint

How times have changed...

IRRC way back in the mists of ancient time (1994) Ginger Lyn Allen played 'Rachel Coriolis' in Wing Commander 3. Ginger was at the time somewhat well known for her... ahem... alternative film roles. She'd be about 50 by now...

So a pr0n star actually starred as a character in a game, ok, as a mechanic admittedly.

For memory the outakes included with game showed that her acting skills made Mark Hamill look like Sir Alex Guiness. The highlight of the cast was Tom Wilson, along with Tim Curry & Malcolm McDowell - blimey, when you look at it again its a bit of a stellar cast!

No idea what icon to use, so I'll have a pint, thanks.

1. Jedit Silver badge
      Thumb Up

It's even better than that

Wing Commander 3 was published by ... Electronic Arts.

12. fred 32
    FAIL

Not surprised...its EA

They have never missed a chance to make a poor decision.

I'm sure the majority of gamers would agree, its none of their business what she does on her own time.

13. WideEyedFox
    Joke

Microsoft - Not EA

This is Microsoft's call not EA's. They did not want to be associated with any more Red Rings of Death.

14. Dazed and Confused
    Childcatcher

"People murdering people is neat," she said "but lovemakers are dirty?"

Yepp welcome to Anglo Saxon hypocrisy.

personally I think it boils down to jealousy, we can't stand the thought that someone else might be having more fun than we are so we want it all banned.

Killing people is fine, enjoyment is to be banned at all cost.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like