back to article Battlefield 3 is EA's fastest selling videogame. Ever

Battlefield 3 has become the fastest-selling videogame in EA's history, with ten million units leaving the publisher's distribution centres since last week's release. Half of those were picked up by gamers in the space of a few days. EA confessed the high sales caught it off-guard and with so many gamers trying to access its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Farley
    Thumb Down

But...

it's crap. I bought it, I want my money back. I only play the campaign as I'm too old to play against 14 year old maladjusted boys.

It feels like you're on rails. It's like being on the ghost train instead of playing a game.

1. auburnman
      Stop

EA and DICE won't give a shit about the game being good until shooter fans learn to find out how good the game is by reading reviews and maybe exercise some restraint instead of biting off the hands of the retailers on release day. Same goes for the crap Treyarch pumps out under the COD name.

2. Citizen Kaned

do some research....

BF has never been about single player. if you want SP its not the game for you. the bad company games are just a console spin-off that have actually ruined a lot of the fun from the original games as dice now seem to want to make it as noob friendly as possible.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Again?

"EA confessed the high sales caught it off-guard and with so many gamers trying to access its servers"

Is this EA's slogan? Heard the same line for 1943, BC1 and BC2 as well. Given the clamour they've made about BF3 you'd have thought they might have erred on the side of caution this time.

The game's still awesome though.

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Hype

is shit.

4. Gene Cash Silver badge
    FAIL

Penny Arcade says it best

"Electronic Arts products come with free misery"

5. HelpMEBF3SUCKS
    WTF?

BF3 SUCKS

EA/DICE are money grabbing ***ts and something should be done, If 10million people bought this game, that's a hell of a lot of people p****d off with the fact, these companies just want our money and DO not give a **** about the consumer but to take our money off us.

This game is poor and the graphics look dated, EA YOU SUCK

6. ph0b0s

PC gamers own worst enemys

Shame so many PC owners have been so quick to give up their privacy in order to play this game, that requires EA's new Origin spyware system.

1. Citizen Kaned

as much as i hate origin...

is it much worse than steam? doesnt that monitor everything too?

battlelog is total garbage. having to quit the game to change server is too stupid for words!

1. ph0b0s

@Citizen Kaned - For the last time Steam monitoring is optional...

I seem to have to repeat this Ad nauseam. With steam the hardware and software collection being passed to valve is optional, as you decide if you want to take part in their hardware and software surveys.

With EA, their software has a look round and sends the details to EA without you getting a say. Big difference. If Origin allowed you to opt out as Steam does, I would no longer have a problem and would be on BF3 as we speak.

7. Head
    Thumb Down

Hmmm

The fact you have to install spyware that will be auditing your PC until the end of time turned me off it.

I will be waiting for a cracked single player version instead, as well as play Skyrim

8. Richard Wharram
    Meh

Single-player ?

Why would anyone expect BF to have a decent single-player campaign ? The series' history is multiplayer. Adding a single-player campaign just to compete with MW which has already lowered the bar for single-player shooters is not a recipe for a nice experience. Buy it for MP and treat the SP as bonus ho-hum content.

(I must add also that I have always hated BF in all forms so I'm not a blind fanboy defending the franchise :))

9. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Citizen Kaned

he played on console. on PC on ultra the gfx looks great. in fact the amount of stuff on screen makes it harder to play IMO.

1. HelpMEBF3SUCKS

Indeed

Yes, Yes I did play it on a console.

2. HelpMEBF3SUCKS
      Thumb Down

Oh YEH LAG.

10. mdpeters67
    Thumb Down

EA EA OH!

EA | Origin customer service and support is non-existent. I pre-ordered BF3 two months in advance only to have it canceled out for some unknown reason by Origin. Just try to find a phone number on EA's site without creating an account .... does not exist. Yellow Pages gave me a number and EA's operator put me into the queue that claimed to have a 20 minute hold. I gave up after 1:10 minutes. Looking for a customer service email was another thing that required the creation of an account. I sent them a message that was not flattering and received an auto-reply claiming a 24 hour response time. Days later, I'm still waiting for anyone in EA land who gives a damn to respond.

The game graphics are improved. It is not very compelling though. Same old stuff warmed up again.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like