back to article China responds to satellite hack charge: 'Nuh-uh!'

Surprising no one, the Chinese government has denied that it had anything to do with the hacking of two US satellites in 2007 and 2008. "This report is untrue and has ulterior motives. It's not worth a comment," commented Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei at a Monday press briefing, reports Reuters. The report to which Hong …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. DragonKin37
    WTF?

Say What!

"China is also a victim of hacker attacks and we oppose any form of cybercrimes including hacking".....Yes say that to Google, GE, Adobe and all the other companies you pwned during Operation Aurora. Say that with a straight face when Gh0stnet was discovered and the C2 traces back to the PRC...Psssh please

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"China is also a victim of hacker attacks and we oppose any form of cybercrimes including hacking."

BWAHahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ohgoodlordmyachingsides!

3. Grease Monkey Silver badge

"This report is untrue and has ulterior motives. It's not worth a comment,"

Isn't that a comment then?

4. Mike Powers
    Big Brother

Of course it wasn't China

Just like it wasn't China that was shooting lasers up the mirrors of spy satellites.

Because if China were to intentionally interfere with the operation of another nation's satellites, it would be an act of war. We'd have to go to war with China over that, or else come up with a really good explanation why we didn't.

So it can't possibly be true that China was interfering with the operation of satellites. Whatever it takes, whatever we have to believe, whatever obvious realities we have to ignore, whatever doublethink we must employ, it CANNOT BE TRUE that China interfered with our satellites. Because if it were true, it would be bad.

1. The last doughnut
      Stop

@Mike Powers

You seem to confuse "interfering" with "act of war". Luckily you are not in a position of power.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't forget Russia

ah, but a report I saw online last week mentioned how Russia was being comprehensively 'attacked'. I use attacked in the sense that all their low-hanging-fruit, poorly protected random files in universities , businesses and I suppose some ministries were being vacuumed up. This sort of osint can add up to a useful picture overall. That wouldn't be g-chq goiing after them, i suppose, as they only do cyberdefense?

6. Armando 123
    Windows

Well, that's that then

Because heaven knows a communist dictatorship run by a grasping cabal with a deplorable history with respect to human rights would never do ANYTHING that would be deemed immoral, illegal, or foolish.

But enough about the Detroit city council ...

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge
      Devil

And your point is?

So how does this differ from the average sociopath in power elsewhere in the world?

As you pointed out - enough about Detroit city council

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like