back to article Surc universal remote case

I’ve looked at a number of devices, including the Gear4 Unity and the ThinkFlood RedEye, that allow you to use an iOS device as a remote control for your TV, DVD player and other AV kit. The Surc is another. However, it takes a slightly different approach. Surc universal remote case for iPhone Instead of using a plug-in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eh?

What do you mean "outside of the USA"? Surely only commies and terrorists even believe that such a place exists?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Would be nice..

.. if they could combine that with an extra battery in the case.

It brings back frond memories of the Sony Clie FX - that too had remote control built in, and as I had to spend many an evening in hospitals A & E (on account of a son with peanut allergy) it was *excellent* to be able to change the channel..

3. Gordon 10

Call me

When the iPod touch and iPhone 3 versions are out.

As I have one of each lying around that never leave the house. . Would never clutter up my current main phone with such a fugly case.

4. P. Lee

backwards or forwards?

With all the smart TVs and expensive AV kit, you'd think they could put bluetooth onboard...

Or maybe samsung could pop proper infrared in a phone.

5. DRendar
    WTF?

What a completely idiotic placement for the Micro-USB socket.

I mean seriously.....

6. TheRealRoland

Does it do 'threading' of actions?

The one thing I liked about those Harmony universal remotes, is the threading of actions:

- switch on tv, switch on dvd player, switch tv to channel x, start dvd player

It was sometimes still a bit kludgy, since some of the commands were toggles (power on/off) -- so if you would say 'toggle power', and your tv was already switched on, your tv would switch off, still switch on the dvd player, etc. :-)

Would be nice if somehow these things would be able to tell the remote 'i'm already switched on' -- or, lower tech, just implement a proper power on/power off command instead of toggle...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like