back to article AMD lays down laptop platform plan

What's AMD got planned for notebook makers and buyers over the next few years? Its plans are broadly known - the 'Puma' platform will be released in 2008 followed by the first 'Fusion' architecture mobile CPUs the following year - but now we can begin to flesh it out a little. Puma incorporates 'Griffin', AMD's first mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

@Writer.

"The cores themselves are able to switch frequencies independently and quickly - in microseconds rather than milliseconds"

Strange, I always thought a millisecond is less time than a microsecond?, however after double cheaking micro lives between a mill and a nano.

Ahh well stupid me. Wiki strikes another blow against ignorance :)

-ano

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@Anon

""The cores themselves are able to switch frequencies independently and quickly - in microseconds rather than milliseconds"

Strange, I always thought a millisecond is less time than a microsecond?, however after double cheaking micro lives between a mill and a nano."

Its no surprise you fumbled around on the milli- / micro- subject, it would seem this sort of higher thinking would be a bit out of reach for you, considering your obvious difficulties with more basic and mundane tasks, for example, spelling...

I am AC and i approved this message

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like