back to article 'A prime example of our complete failure'

This was the week when Research in Motion’s BlackBerry services, including email, BBM and internet were in, and then out and in, out and shaking all about. To many readers’ horror, the London Olympics 2012 seemed likely to run on Windows Vista, and then it wasn’t and Operation Hackerazzi bagged a suspect, allowing naked …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Change

"Microsoft tweaked its Windows 8 interface after users let Redmond know they don’t like change"

Happy to go with a buggy, crash-prone OS then are they? One with a bloated registry system to boot...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What makes you think that the core system will be any different than they had intended? This is just the UI they are talking about.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Trollface

@AC 12:10

It's never stopped them before...

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Because...

... all other operating systems are totally free of bugs and excess bits that nobody really uses, I mean it's not like Linux, Mac OS or any of those EVER have patches is it? Oh no, that's right, they have loads too, including some schoolboy errors that shouldn't have snuck through QA.

Windows 7 is no more unstable than Macs or Linux, most crashes are caused by 3rd party drivers or cruft.

No OS is perfect, get over it.

2. david 12 Silver badge

"Having come from a fundamentalist religious background"

I thought that comment looked interesting, so I tried to find it.

I can't identify a reference in the reference list (given in the print version of the article), nor can I find it with a google search of the site.

Was that comment published? Is it still available?

3. T J
    Megaphone

Ritchie Essential, Jobs Optional

I couldnt care less when a marketing exec dies. Really, truly, DONT care.

But a true computer scientist like Ritchie passes..... its sobering. Its like when we lost Stevens.

Kernighan is still with us.

Those 3 guys built the modern world, but morons do not know such things. They only know how to OOH! SHINY!!

1. Antidisestablishmentarianist
      Flame

Hmm, I knew they built the modern world AND I like shiny things. What does that make me? Well clearly not a grumpy old bugger for one.

4. Mr Larrington
    WTF?

Jobs got half an edition of R4's "Last Words" all to himself, while dmr didn't merit a mention at all.

Bah!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like