back to article iPhone 4 prototype duo get a year’s probation

The two men who sold an iPhone prototype left in a Silicon Valley bar have escaped jail and will instead serve one year’s probation, 40 hours of community service and pay $250 in restitution to Apple. Sage Wallower and Brian Hogan, both in their 20s, were charged after Hogan found a prototype iPhone 4 in the Gourmet Haus …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

First class post parcel to Samsung headquarters

jailbreaking not required.

2. LarsG

IF ONLY...

they had known it was the same phone as the last iPhone, its not as if a real crime has been commited is it.

They could have bought one from an Apple store, said it was the NEW iPhone and no one would have been the wiser!

3. Rodrigo Valenzuela

"and the speed of the raid raised questions about Apple’s relationship with the local police."

Well, if you check the presentation Jobs gave to the Cupertino city council last june, you will see that he was pretty much loved by local authorities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtuz5OmOh_M

R

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

What do you expect ?

A lot of employment, local taxes, numerous benefits. Do you think they really want him to move out of Cupertino ? I thought it was a bit cheeky to ask Apple to provide local WiFi and open an Apple store. OK, they were in awe of him, but it's understandable.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Steal a prototype gadget from a world famous company, a gadget that's worth millions in R&D and sell it for a few grand! You get a few hours digging ditches or making tea for old biddys at the local old folks home.

Being young an a bit daft you write something stupid on your Facebook page, "Let's have a riot outside MaccyD's!"! You turn up outside the agreed place to find that you and the local Fuzz are the only ones reading your Facebook page, you get four years in proper clinky!

The world is officially upside-down!

5. JaitcH
    Alert

Apple scores it's pound of flesh

Knowing Apple, there was more than likely an element of revenge in making sure this was pursued to it's bitter end.

What happened to the employee who lost it?

1. Crofty616
      Coat

RE:What happened to the employee who lost it?

Hes who they'll be digging the ditches for :)

2. Northern Fop

Employee punishment

He has to sit in the middle of the Apple cube-farm using a yuck-coloured 486 desktop with Windows ME and IE4. Then they point and laugh.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

>What happened to the employee who lost it?

He has his polo neck ceremoniously cut away and was sent to work on iTunes for Windows

6. David Perry 2
    FAIL

Apple employees illegally searching a private house

Is there any update on what happened to them? That sounded illegal enough to me I'd have got lawyers involved had I been in the (so far uncharged) person's case and had them after Apple!

7. Alistair MacRae
    Devil

What happened to the employee who lost it?

He was put to death and his eyes used to make more retina displays on the iphone

8. Nameless Faceless Computer User
    Stop

And we believe this?

We are talking about a company who pays people to wait in line to make it appear that their phones are in high demand. It's all smoke and mirrors.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

The worse thing is that they don't have to pay them...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

$4750.00 up!

Sold for $5000 - $250 fine = $4750 so it seems not very much of slap wrist!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like