back to article Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 91z all-in-one PC

It may not match the sleek, silvery elegance of Apple’s iMac, but Lenovo’s ThinkCentre Edge 91z is a far more affordable option for people who want a compact all-in-one desktop computer. Lenovo ThinkCentre Edge 91z all-in-one desktop PC Lenovo’s ThinkCentre Edge 91z: available with Intel Core-i3, i5 and i7 CPU options The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Side-mounted, vertical CD tray!!!

Seriously!

Have the designers never heard of gravity?

Although who uses CDs or DVDs these days anyway.

Looks nice - but looks ain't everything.

1. Tony W

DVDs don't rely on gravity

My telly has a vertical DVD slot and it works fine. So do a lot of PCS.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I don't think that was the point

..I think the point was that gravity would make the CD fall out of the tray - not that it needs gravity.

The comment was a dig at a vertical tray - not at vertical slots.

2. Ian North

Does it matter? It looks like a laptop CD tray which clips the CD quite securely in place.

2. Colin Miller

There are VGA and HDMI ports for connecting to external displays...

According to the port-labels at the back, and page four of its specs [1], the VGA is for input from another device, whilst the HDMI is output to another display.

I can understand allowing it to be used as dumb monitor for those will small desks, but having only VGA and HDMI as one-way ports strikes me as a bit odd, rather than having a second of both to allow in/out on VGA and HDMI.

[1] http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/content/pdf/desktops/thinkcentre/edge-91z/en/EDGE91z_DS_EN.pdf

3. Silverburn
    Thumb Up

I like it

Some of their notebook have been a bit tacky of late, but this actually looks quite good! You won't see the gubbins round the side and back that often.

Not too bad a price either. Definitely worth a look-in over an imac at least.

4. Shane8
    FAIL

L o L

2GB with Windows 7 x64...great for web browsing, you would probably struggle in office environment with Outlook, Excel and any web browsing. For the price this is pretty worthless compared to a Dell alternative.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Struggle?

My company laptop is W7 with only 2gb of ram and runs a damn sight more than just office and IE.

W7 runs fine with 2gb for most stuff, PCWorld etc push more because it's an easy comparison point for customers to understand. 4 is a bigger number than 2 is easier to explain over "apu" versus cpu gpu combo or intelHD versus AMD/Nvidia or HDD versus SSD let alone the relative merits of different chipsets etc.

Also doubling up RAM can hardly be expensive for OEMs, certainly not as expensive as actually using decent components. Although Lenovo are in a totally different class to the cr*p HP and Dell try to shift with a "budget" tag.

5. Rores

Blu-ray

It's that a Blu-ray icon on the DVD dirve? If so that makes it a much more interesting prospect.

6. Volker Hett
    Thumb Down

HD for Office work?

My letters are still in portrait not landscape and I'm not supposed to watch TV during office hours.

7. Microphage

Looks a lot like the Apple iMac

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac

1. Martin Huizing
      Facepalm

really?

That's the same as saying a Ferrari looks like a Jeep because they are both cars.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like