back to article Lovefilm debuts movie streaming app

Disc rental and streaming service Lovefilm has uploaded a fresh iPad app that will play streamed movies. You'll need to be a Lovefilm subscriber, of course, paying the UK's answer to Netflix at leasy £6 a month for the privilege. Lovefilm Player for iPad iOS app Hopefully, Lovefilm will learn from Netflix's example and not …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. tmTM

Works fine on my Galaxy S II

No need for an app for the users of powerful android units, you can stream Love Film movies direct from the website (providing you have the correct movie package)

If Apple could get over themselves and adopt flash I'm sure they could do the same.

2. Alan 43

they should still produce an android app as almost forgot you could stream via the browser

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good, but offline sync and an Android app required

Good to see an app for this, would be even better if there was offline syncing (like Spotify does for music) and of course to see an equivalent app for Android.

Having offline syncing and an Android app would make me stump up some cash to subscribe.

4. N13L5
    FAIL

Lovefilm... uhh, so some Amazon promotion got me into subscribing...

So far, they sent DVD's really fast during the trial month.. after that, they started to slow down, I'm always waiting several days now for one to arrive, and the weekends often take care that I end up with just a single movie each week.

Which brings me to the on-demand video part of it: I bet it looks fine on a phone, but on my computer, the movies are horribly pixelated on a 24" screen, sending that to a TV is absolutely worthless.

On top of that, the library is overall small, with a high percentage of old also-ran productions of low quality with matching low subscriber rating. I've seen some that are even below B movie quality.

Its full of the junkiest of old American productions, offering almost nothing of old English, French, Italian, German or Spanish movies. And there are a LOT of good ones.

Anyway, these annoyances prompted me to look for other online movie sites, with the result that none seemed to be worth switching to :(

5. Mevi
    Unhappy

Jailbroken?

The app informed me that my iPad is jailbroken and so streaming content will not play. Damn.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like