back to article Anonymous hacktivists turn rapper on YouTube, iTunes

Hacktivist groups TeaMp0isoN and Anonymous have teamed up with an independent artist to release a rap song which they hope will storm the music charts. Proceeds from the ‪#OpCensorThis‬ digital activism project, a collaboration between TeaMp0isoN and ‪Lyricist Jinn – ‬will go to the East Africa Crisis Appeal. A slick …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Tom 38
    Thumb Up

Once this hits the charts, radio stations will by law have to play it

Every day I find a new reason I'm glad to not be in the USA.

1. Petrea Mitchell
      Stop

Not to worry...

...that's not the law in the US. Radio stations here traditionally operate on the payola model, much the same way that companies that want their goods displayed prominently in supermarkets or bookstores have to pay for the higher-margin placement. I'm not sure how they would react to the incentive of not having their virtual kneecaps broken by Anonymous, though...

2. Matt 95
      Happy

I'd LOVE to see them cite this "radio stations will by law have to play it".

Trust me, there is no such law, Federal, State or Local.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

good video, but shocking vocals.

sounds like a middleclass teen singing along to something in their bedroom and trying to be a gansta

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I must be missing something

Exactly *where* in the article is the FAIL?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Pray tell, have you...

....actually tried listening to the vocals? :)

4. Danny 5
    Thumb Up

not my style

but pretty good nonetheless. I'm not much into rap these days, but this did grab my attention.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pisspoor...

That was not a professionally edited video, its style was very dated and can easily be achieved by someone with a little experience and a copy of Premier from circa 1998.

The track itself, average to below average, self important and self indulgent but not in the good/funny Ice-T way. It's certainly not in a class with harder hitting political stuff produced by the likes of Senser or even Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy. (Yeah, guess my age from the band references.)

All in all, not something that I would buy. In which case, I'll be downloading it form a torrent, because it's not a lost sale to them, is it? Or at least, that's how their logic works for downloading conten from other artists.

6. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    FAIL

Torn between the two evils.

On the one hand, it really is a rubbish piece of work, but on the other it is at least keeping the skiddies busy and away from their botnets. I did say the majority of Anons needed to get a hobby! But no, I just can't bring myself to upvote it on YouTube due to the immensity of musical fail.

7. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    Megaphone

Why does anything tendy these days have to be a (C)rap tune, gah!

"Oh woe is us, we are so repressed with our expensive baggy jeans and fancy 'pooters. Lets go deface a website and set fire to something peoples!"

Gah! Gah! Gah!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Poor Clint

I'm impressed! They've taken Lux Aeterna and made it sound crap. That couldn't have been easy.

9. Jamie Kitson
    Coat

Parody

How long before TeaSp0oN release their own version?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surely for it to get into the charts, people would have to buy it?

Who's going to do that? Joe Public? anti-copyright freetards?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Woo! John Cooper Clarke!

"The Kitchen had been ransacked,

Ski trails in the hall,

A chicken had been dhansak'ed,

And thrown against the wall."

Best. Rhyme. Ever. Now, what was the article about again?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

anything much happen after 30secs

i suffered it that long, martyr that i am

truly dreadful

13. Dick Emery
    Thumb Down

One word. cRap.

14. nichobe
    Joke

A TeaSp0oN full of lyrics helps the quality go down....

Help us all if this is our future.....

15. Naughtyhorse
    Joke

exellent stuff!

anyone know where i can find a torrent for this :-)

only joking - i'd rather stick pins in my eyes that listen to crap music

16. Loyal Commenter Silver badge
    WTF?

They seriously believe this?

"Once this hits the charts, radio stations will by law have to play it."

I'd be interested to see the act of parliament that states that radio stations have to play anything other than those songs they wish to, and those possibly dictated by contracts with their advertisers, although I believe that would be a civil matter.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Actually

In the UK at least, radio stations can play what they want - In the early 90s when Radio1 was dying with an average listener age of 30ish the new management came in and banned tracks over a certain age and certain bands from prime time, including Status Quo. The Quo sued and lost, the upshot being a radio station can play whatever the want and are in no way compelled to play anything, even the BBC, who are publicly funded.

17. A. Lewis
    Meh

Not sure about that.

"Once this hits the charts, radio stations will by law have to play it"

Radio 1, for example, doesn't play everything that's in the chart. Even on the chart show. I thought it was a producer's prerogative to play, or not play, a song.

Maybe it's different in the other countries?

1. Gav
      FAIL

What do you think

Only yesterday Radio 4 interrupted "Today in Parliament" to play One Direction "we had to, it's the law, innit", a spokesperson said.. And Classic FM forced Myleene Klass to play Calvin Harris last week, just in the nick of time before the Radio Playlist Police stormed the studio.

If it can happen here, just imagine what'll happen in communists countries like France. Anonymous will have the radio stations over a barrel, bang to rights. How clever!

18. Lamont Cranston
    FAIL

"Once this hits the charts, radio stations will by law have to play it"

Really? Nevermind, though - if everyone who wants a copy, gets it off a torrent, it won't be troubling the charts, will it?

19. djs

Errata

"People need to understand that lyricist jinn is a fully independent artist with limited capabilities, listen to the lyrics and humble yourselves."

Should read:

"People need to understand that lyricist jinn is an individual with limited abilities."

20. Mr Young
    Coat

omg!

There's just no end to these guys skills is there?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No one takes these clowns seriously

What a joke these clowns are.

22. Pisnaz

The Friday effect?

Maybe they are trying for the "Rebecca Black - Friday" effect. Make a song so horrible, with a video so pathetic it rockets to the top of the Youtube views and has so many dislikes it becomes a sensation.

23. DavidD
    FAIL

Did he just rhyme...

...terror with terror?

Oh dear.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Spelt R.A.P

Pronounced C.R.A.P

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like