back to article Autonomy slams Oracle's 'Lynch tells whoppers' claim

Autonomy has firmly rejected Oracle's claims it really was shopping itself to Oracle, saying Oracle needs help with its unstructured data, and Autonomy could help. We can't say it any better than Autonomy's statement so here it is for your enjoyment: Last week in response to a question about unstructured information Oracle …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dazed and Confused

Autonomy is getting into bed with HP

Therefore Oracle won't see Autonomy as friends any more.

My enemies' enemy is not necessarily my friend

but my enemy's friend is necessarily my enemy.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Devil

So how many CEOs who DON'T lie...

...can one fit on the head of a pin?

1. Someone Else Silver badge

Answer:

All of them.

3. josephmartins

I call BS

If Autonomy had a leg to stand on the company would not release a cutesy retort designed to make light of the situation.

No, if Oracle's claim was false then Autonomy would have responded as any company must in defense of any potentially criminally libelous claims made against it--with a lawsuit. Seriously, do you think for a minute that genuine indefensible libel against a company's CEO would be met with anything less? Of course not.

This isn't simply a case of he said she said...not if we read between the lines.

1. Daniel 4

I disagree (on the automatic B.S.)

Lawsuits are messy, and in cases like this, leave your P.R. department with a sour taste in their mouth no matter how open and shut the case is. Then there is the ongoing flirtation with HP - you normally try to clear as many ugly court cases before an acquisition, not start new ones. Explaining away Oracle's "evidence" in a way that makes them look silly may be the "least painful" approach, no matter how right (or wrong) they happen to be.

-d

4. HP Cynic

I just saw Mark Hurd's name in there and that was all I needed to know :P

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Autonomy, on their April meeting with Oracle: "It was made clear that Autonomy was not for sale and no sale process was under way."

Just three months later, HP announce that they're buying Autonomy.

Corporate acquisitions take months to prepare for (moreso for ones of this size), even if everything goes quickly and to plan, so who is (or has been) telling porkies now?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Props to the Autonomy PR team...

That is a beautifully-writen press release.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Mushroom

Ouch!

Autonomy really stuck the boot into Oracle there. I bet someone had a lot of fun writing that statement. A real ROFLMHO moment.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

And

what individual who has ever worked with HP would believe Mark Hurd?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like