back to article Via Michelin X970T satnav

Navigate with your Michelin sat nav as you wear out your Michelin tyres visiting destinations that you've read about in the Michelin restaurant guides. Will the new budget X970T put this brand on the sat nav map? Most sat navs provide a list of points of interest (POIs) that will find you a petrol station easily enough, but …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Another dum ass design

Why do businesses presume everyone has decent spec pc and internet. It's getting far to common and should be stopped

My mum has a average pc, but no 'tinterweb connection. So this would have to come to my house, install the crap software and then update on my connection.

SatNav should just work..

I would of given this a much lower rating.

2. Andy Livingstone

X970T

I bought one. Ended up phoning France just to register. Not long ago it told me to "Turn Sharp Right immediately" - great....I was in a tunnel under the Clyde at the time.

Much better in France where it took me several thousand miles without a hitch.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bishops Cleeve

Now there's a name to conjure with....

Typed it into my non-sat nav system (X41 Thinkpad, T-Mob broadband, www.viamichelin.com), and it was 11th in the list of possible options. viamichelin.com AFAIK is the only UK street mapping with house numbers.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: Bishops Cleeve

"viamichelin.com AFAIK is the only UK street mapping with house numbers."

Not true - the mapping system in my Acer e305 (NAVTEQ/Destinator, I think) does house numbers but it doesn't do postcodes - a minor annoyance, but I can live with it. It's also about 50 quid cheaper than the one reviewed here.

5. Tom Chiverton
    Flame

UK house numbers

So does my year-old NavMan. Check ya facts.

6. archie lukas
    Coat

What do you think of it so far?

Rubbish !!!

Wet behind the ears types, look up Morecambe & Wise

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like