back to article Wyse does a cloud on the desk for iPad, iPhone

Wily Wyse is offering software and a service that turns your desktop computer into a networked storage system for Apple's hand-held gadgets. Using PocketCloud v2.2, iPad, iPod Touch and iPhones "see" the PC as a storage vault of files, which they can read from and write to. The store can be a Windows PC, a virtual machine or a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Allicorn
    Thumb Up

Been using Android PocketCloud for a while for occasional remote desktop access. Obviously, fitting a multi-monitor Windows desktop onto a smartphone is never going to be a simple proposition but I reckon Wyse's nifty interface makes about as good of a job of it as anyone is likely to make. Turns out to be a very handy little knick-knack when you absolutely have to get something saved/printed/sent from within some bit of software on your home PC while you're out and about.

2. cynic 2
    Facepalm

RDP

Looks like RDP is only for non-Home versions of Windows if I read things correctly. Which is a shame, as I'd love to stop using VNC with a Mac.

3. Robert E A Harvey
    Thumb Down

what?

so just any external file server is a 'cloud' now?

4. cloudpropel
    Meh

Pogoplug or Tonidoplug2 outweighs Wyse

When Pogoplug is accesible from Android mobile and Tonidoplug2 from Android and Windows mobiles in addition to iPad or iPhone, there wont be any reason to go for Wyse unless it has any unique features like a Tonido can offer Apps installed in the device to mobile devices.

For me, it is just another device yet in the market.

Ragu from www.cloudpropel.com

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like