back to article Flipboard

Flipboard has been around for a year or so now, and has garnered all sorts of awards along the way. However, it was updated recently and has just gained the tech industry’s ultimate accolade: that of being imitated by Google, which is reported to be developing a "Flipboard killer" under the codename ‘Propeller’. Flipboard iOS …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

One of the killer iPad apps

For media consumption this must be the best application I have used. I haven't found any other application that brings it all together and presents it as well on any other tablet platform I have owned (except Playbook no plans to buy one)

Barry

2. Dan Price
    Linux

Alternatives?

This looks like a great piece of software, but my fondleslab's a droid, not a fruit. Anyone know of an Android alternative?

1. Eek

feedly is probably the nearest competitor.

Its my preferred choice because it uses google reader as its main data source and keeps that up to date so you can use it across you phone, ipad and multiple computers and it keeps a record of all the articles you've already read.

1. Dan Price
        Happy

Feedly looks the business, thanks!

3. ramblog
    WTF?

Buy it from Amazon.com?

Seriously el reg?

For a moment upon seeing the above said button, I jumped up and down in joy thinking that amazon has made a rebel iOS app store and so forth. I thought apple's deathgrip problem is now solved with this; while admiring amazon for its ballsy plan to produce an ipad beater and now this. Take that Apple!

So I click on that button with such hope and what do I see?

http://www.amazon.com/Tea-Collection-Girls-Talavera-Indigo/dp/B00509DLUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316750807&sr=8-1

a bloody floral patterned teen frock. WTF.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like