back to article Need emergency contraception? Just text

Can't remember what or who you did last night? Send a text to 62233 and it will respond with the location of the nearest stockist of Levonelle, the emergency contraceptive pill. The service is being run by Incentivated for Schering Health Care. It links to the mobile phone operator to work out roughly where you are, and will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hedley Phillips

Automated Warning the night before

What might be better would be an automated service whereby, every Friday or Saturday night, it would txt you and remind you not to drink so much and be such a tart.

2. Alex Forbes

Accidents Happen...

..."What might be better would be an automated service whereby, every Friday or Saturday night, it would txt you and remind you not to drink so much and be such a tart."...

Oh please. Condoms break, accidents happen and not every girl needing the morning after pill is a tart. Presuming you're male rather than female: would you rather find out 9 months down the line your a new daddy anyway? Also even loyal women in stable long term relationships sometimes need it.

Either way, as far as I recall you can get "free" emergency contraception on the NHS - either from your local sexual health centre (family planning clinic), NHS walk in centre or GP. I think for most "morning-after" pills you've got 72 hours, but the faster you take them the better, so getting them on the NHS shouldn't be that hard (but possibly more inconvenient). For first-time users I'd recommend they use the NHS so they can get advice about the effects - and the standard lecture about unsafe sex I expect given out; for non-first-time users - perhaps they should be considering other forms of contraception anyway!

Finally, it would be a truly sad world if, as you imply, people who at some point need the morning after pill only have sex in the early hours of Saturday and Sunday morning! There are, after all, five other days (or nights rather) in the week.

3. Ian Damage

Morning after pill for men...

You take it the morning after and it changes your blood type.

I'll get my coat...

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Prescription not required

In the UK a prescription is not required for the morning after pill.

However, with a prescription, you will get it free, without you will have to pay.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like