back to article Gears of War 3

When it comes to goodbyes, Gears of War 3 proves that parting truly is the sweetest of sorrows. A swansong of bewildering scope and ambition, it's a near-flawless conclusion to Epic's highly acclaimed series. Gears of War 3 Fire in the hole With only a handful of games able to rival it for intensity, action and drama, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Cowerd

What platform?

I'm guessing Xbox.

Microsoft could at least make the effort to release their own games for Windows.

I still live in forlorn hope of a Halo 3 port.

1. Annihilator

RTFA

"Intensely epic finale to a riveting series. Available on Xbox 360 only."

1. Anonymous Cowerd

Ah, you must mean the bit not in the article

but attached to the bottom of the final page and looking like all the other crap attached to Reg pages?

I checked the platform before I wasted my valuable time RTFA.

1. Sir Runcible Spoon

Sir

"but attached to the bottom of the final page and looking like all the other crap attached to Reg pages?"

It [the above notice] also appears to be at the top of the first page. Just sayin'.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Why didn't you review the PS3 version, it's soooo much better. Plus on the PC, you get to run it in four times the resolution and use the groinal attachment.

</sarcasm>

2. TheRealRoland

Mano y mano?

or Mano a mano?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's originally Spanish. You're looking at the Spanish version.

2. A. Coatsworth Silver badge
      Thumb Down

The correct phrase es "mano a mano" (hand to hand)

In Spanish, "Mano y mano" (hand AND hand) just doesn't make any god damned sense

3. mraak

Is it linear BS?

Is it linear kiddish runngun like COD? Or does it need at least some brains as in Flashpoint?

1. Richard 81

Not a binary classification

There's a whole spectrum of games between meat-headed COD and 'plan meticulously but still get shot by someone a mile away that you had no hope of seeing' Op Flashpoint. This is certainly closer to COD, but there is at least a semblance of tactics required, i.e. taking cover from time to time rather than running around like a maniac.

4. SteelPriest

Fatties.

Does it end with the space marines giving it all up to finally go on a diet?

5. Gary Riches

@Anonymous Cowerd

It's in the first 3 lines of the review. Xbox 360 only.

I can't wait for this game. I loved the first, loathed the second and can't wait for the third. Sadly I'm staying round my mother-in-laws for the next few days :( I have my Xbox but their connection is terrible.

6. Greg J Preece
    FAIL

Final nail in the coffin

When Gears of War is "riveting" and Halo gets a perfect score, I stop listening to El Reg gaming reviews.

1. MJI Silver badge

And the low Resistance score compared to other sites

20% difference here, most sites just a few percent.

Can we trust a Register games review?

7. asdf
    Mushroom

as good as 3rd person games get

Its still a 3rd person game and much like Kane and Lynch even cool characters don't make up for that fact. I have never really loved any game with an explicit cover system as well including army of two and sequel.

1. MJI Silver badge
      Happy

Nothing wrong with third person

Some of the best games are third person, CliffyB the main chap behind GeOW is a big fan, his own game, and his favourite non Epic game are both third person.

This was found out when he jokingly complained that the premier PS3 developers were playing his Beta rather than working on Uncharted 3.

Yes you read that right, Epics chief loves a major PS3 exclusive, and the PS3s premier developers love GeOW.

1. asdf

yeah

Uncharted is awesome in story mode but for online not so much. Online 3rd person games are yawn for me.

8. JDX Gold badge

hand AND hand

Strange, Brokeback sub-plots lead to a special level where they skip around holding hands and picking flowers.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A mi no me importa ni un huevo

En castellano decimos mano a mano, pero es una broma en ingles decir mano y mano.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like